National Blueberry Cheesecake Day:
Celebrated on the 26th of May, National Blueberry Cheesecake Day is a way to celebrate the delicious Blueberry Cheesecake desserts.
|2023||26th May||Friday||United States|
|2024||26th May||Sunday||United States|
|2025||26th May||Monday||United States|
Related: Other National Days Celebrated on May:
Why National Blueberry Cheesecake Day?
When we speak of scrumptious celebrations with awesome delicious sweets then cheesecakes will be on top of the list. And when we speak of yummy fruits, berries, especially blueberries are the best to have. And a combination of blueberries and cheesecakes brings home the best dessert to have after a filling meal. The dessert is super creamy and smooth given that cheese is the major ingredient in this dessert. You can have the blueberries added in the beginning or enjoy the freshest blueberries as a refreshing topping. The cheesecake has all the goodness you will crave in a dessert and is therefore worthy of a celebration.
How can we celebrate National Blueberry Cheesecake Day:
The celebration of this day will probably be the sweetest memory to cherish forever. You can now make the memory sweeter using some of the ideas here.
- The best way to celebrate the day is to enjoy a slice of the blueberry cheesecake alone or with family and friends.
- You can make a cheesecake with blueberries by yourself and share it with friends and family to know their opinions.
- You can also try the different varieties of Blueberry cheesecakes, especially with the different crusts. You can try them with graham cracker crust, which is the most common, or with a spongy cake, pastry, or cookie crust if you like. You can even enjoy these cheesecakes with no crust.
- There are also different recipes of blueberry cheesecakes, with cheese being baked and unbaked and other versions of blueberries incorporated while making the cheesecake or as a juicy sauce for the topping or as fresh fruit for the topping.
- Give a shout-out to the bakery in your area where you believe you can get the most delicious of the cheesecakes.
You can also share more facts about the day and how you celebrate it over your social media with the hashtag #NationalBlueberryCheesecakeDay in your post. This will help in creating an awareness about this day and spread the word about this delicious dessert.
Interesting facts about National Blueberry Cheesecake Day:
Let us find out some interesting and some not-so-popular facts about Blueberry cheesecake, blueberries, and cheesecakes in general on this day.
- Cream cheese is most commonly used for making cheesecake in America. However, in Poland and Germany, “quark”, a type of curd cheese is used in the making of cheesecakes. Italian versions use ricotta cheese for the base.
- Native Americans referred to blueberries as the star berries and they are amazingly delicious on their own. This was due to the star shape found at the end of the berry blossom.
- There are a lot of vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants in blueberries because of which are often referred to as a superfood.
- Cheesecakes were served to the Olympic athletes at the first Olympics.
- Cream cheese was invented by accident when William Lawrence, a dairyman from New York was trying to make Neufchatel, a French cheese.
- Cheesecake is not a cake despite the name. It is just baked cheese with a crust.
- Studies indicate that blueberries can help with improving bone strength, heart and skin health, mental health, management of diabetes, preventing cancer, etc.
- A single bush of blueberry can produce as many as 6000 berries in one harvest.
- Blueberries have been part of our lives for more than 13000 years and are known for their health benefits.
- The presence of anthocyanin gives a natural blue color to the blueberries.
History of National Blueberry Cheesecake Day:
There is no information about the beginning of the celebration of this day or who started the celebration. However, we do know that the history of cheesecakes dates back to ancient Greece where the recipes were written for the first time. Blueberries were initially gathered in the wild but it was in the 1900s when the commercial production of these berries began. Cream cheese has been part of the American dessert menu since the beginning of the 19th century and in the latter part of the century, the same became a mass production. The combination of these two seems to have happened later and it has truly been a delicious invention.