National Boston Cream Pie Day:
The National Boston Cream Pie Day is celebrated on October 23rd. The delicious dessert that is greatly loved is has a unique story to itself.
|2021||23rd October||Saturday||United States|
|2022||23rd October||Sunday||United States|
|2023||23rd October||Monday||United States|
Related: Other National Days Celebrated on October 23rd:
Why National Boston Cream Pie Day?
National Boston Cream Pie Day is celebrated to acknowledge the creation of a delectable dessert. The Boston Cream Pie was discovered in 1856 in a hotel in Boston. The French chef Monsieur Augustine Francois put together this dessert. The visitors and guests at Parker House Hotel in Boston were the first to taste this unique dish.
This dish is particularly unique as this pie is not a pie but a cake. It is a custard-filled cake with chocolate frosting. The Chef from the hotel created this appetizing dessert that stands out as a perfect combination of pudding and cake. This pie consists of two spongy layered cakes, layered with either crème patisserie or vanilla-flavored custard filling. This cake is layered topped off with a chocolate ganache, and some even choose to powder sugar or add some cherries. This notable creation, later on, went out to become one of the classic American desserts. America’s love for this succulent dessert made them declare an entire day to celebrate this dessert. Massachusetts in 1996 also declared the Boston Cream Pie as their official dessert.
This dessert made such an influence on the people’s lives that they decided to celebrate the dish. This dish has been made to empathize with the palette. People often joke about this pie calling it a pie with an identity crisis. This is true because of its remarkable combination of both pie and cake recipes.
National Boston Cream Pie Day celebrates something extremely unique. It celebrates the making of a dessert. This day was declared a National day of celebration to honor the extremely talented chef who came up with making a cake like a pie. The dessert and pie lovers were so impressed with this unique creation that the only way for them to appreciate such talent and creativity was to declare a national day for the cause.
This day celebrates the creation of this wonderful dessert that has made pie lovers fall in love with this dish over and over.
How can we celebrate National Boston Cream Pie Day:
- People often celebrate this day by going out to their favorite desserts joints are ordering the Boston Cream Pie. How can you think of celebrating a dish without eating loads of it?
- It is always nice to check out the authentic restaurants that serve the dessert. Tasting the original dessert from authentic makers adds meaning to the day.
- Over the years, this dish has adapted to various changes and interesting variations. There are many dessert bars that play around with the original recipes and produce adaptations of the same dish. Those who love experimenting with food should try out some of these desserts.
- Click pictures of your pies and share them all over social media with the hashtag #NationalBostonCreamPieDay and #BostonCreamPie.
- Spread the word about this unique dish’s history, let more people know about the history of the classic American Dessert.
Interesting Facts on National Boston Cream Pie Day:
Here are some interesting facts about National Boston Cream Pie:
- This dish was created by a French Chef named Monsieur Augustine Francois.
- The dessert was first made in the Boston Parker House Hotel.
- The Boston Cream Pie is considered to be a cake rather than a pie.
- This pie is made of a sponge cake with two layers and a layer of custard or cream filling in between. The Pie is finally glazed with chocolate.
- The Boston Cream Pie is the official dessert of Massachusetts.
- The Boston Cream Pie was created in the year 1856.
History of National Boston Cream Pie Day:
Before the Boston Cream Pie was invented, most desserts had common names and common recipes. None of them stood out in particular. But when the Boston Cream Pie was made, the name stuck, and the dessert to this day is known with the same name.
The dessert is named Boston cream Pie only because it was made in a hotel in Boston. The Boston Parker House Hotel was the place that gave birth to this classic dessert. A French chef who worked at the hotel tried to make a dessert that complemented the idea of both cake and pies. The perfect blend of cake and a pie is what makes this dessert stand apart.
This dessert later became a crowd favorite, and the recipe of this wonderful dish was replicated soon in almost all dessert bars and joints. The dessert and pie lovers almost fell in love with this appetizing dessert and decided to declare a national day to celebrate their love for the dish.
To this day, the Boston cream pie remains to be one of the most enjoyed desserts of all time. The recipe was passed along across countries too. This juicy and tasty pie also went on to be the official dessert of Massachusetts.