National California Strawberry Day
National California Strawberry Day:
National California Strawberry Day is celebrated every year on the 21st of March. The day marks the beginning of the strawberry season in California and celebrates this delicious fruit that is enjoyed by all.
|2023||21st March||Tuesday||United States|
|2024||21st March||Thursday||United States|
|2025||21st March||Friday||United States|
Related: Other National Days Celebrated on March 21st:
Why National California Strawberry Day?
Strawberries have been an integral part of our lives and our diet. People all around the world love to eat strawberries and make some delicious desserts with them. People of all ages, whether kids or elders, all enjoy this fruit, which is delicious and filled with nutrients.
Humans have consumed strawberries from time immemorial. It is fresh, juicy, and super delicious to eat. It is very fruity in taste and is often used in refreshing drinks like fruit juices, smoothies, milkshakes, and mocktails. It is also incorporated in meals in the form of desserts like strawberry shortcake, pastries, scones, trifles, pies, cakes, jellies, and so on.
Strawberries also have a high nutrient content, which makes them extremely beneficial for the body. It is rich in minerals, vitamins like Vitamin C, folic acid, and so on. It also has a high water content, which makes it refreshing. Strawberries are popularly used in the makeup and skincare industry due to their refreshing quality and pleasing smell. It is used in skin creams, body lotions, soaps, shampoos, fragrances, lip balms, face masks, and many more products that help rejuvenate the skin. In ancient Rome, the Romans liked to use strawberries for a disease like fever and throat ache.
California strawberries are quite famous for their premium quality and taste. Strawberries from California are consumed by people everywhere and are liked for their supreme quality. The strawberry season in California beings at the start of spring, which is roughly around the 21st of March. Hence, National California Strawberry Day reminds people to celebrate and enjoy the upcoming season of strawberry production.
How Can We Observe National California Strawberry Day?
Here are some ways in which you can celebrate National California Strawberry Day:-
- You can enjoy this delicious goodness of strawberries at home by yourself. You can eat a lot of strawberries or prepare some desserts and candies with strawberries. Try making a strawberry shortcake, pie, strawberry candy, chocolate coated strawberries, and strawberry ice cream at home. Recipes for these dishes are easily available online.
- You can have a part with your friends, family, or neighbors to celebrate the goodness of strawberries. You can make some desserts at home with strawberries and ask the other members to bring some strawberry dessert as well.
- You can try your hand at growing strawberries at home. You can find strawberry shrubs at any nearby nursery or plant shop
- You can spread information about National California Strawberry Day around your neighborhood. You can also distribute sweet strawberries snacks among colleagues and neighbors to help everyone celebrate strawberries.
- You can visit a strawberry farm to see how they are grown. You will also be able to learn a lot about strawberries from farm visits. Factories where strawberry products are made can also be extremely interesting to see and would be the perfect place to celebrate the day.
- You can express your love for strawberries on social media and share your knowledge on the same. Don’t forget to use the hashtags #NationalCaliforniaStrawberryday or #Californiastrawberryday.
Interesting Facts On National California Strawberry Day:
Here are some amazing facts on California Strawberry Day and Strawberries that will blow your mind:-
- California Strawberry day also marks the start of the spring season.
- Strawberries have zero fat content.
- There can be more than 200 seeds in one strawberry!
- Around 90% of the strawberries that are produced in the United States are grown in California.
- California is the highest producer of strawberries in the entire world!
- Strawberries are grown in over 23,000 acres of land in California itself.
- Strawberry plants can produce fruits up to 5 years from the first fruit production.
- Strawberry plants in California are first grown in the nursery before they are shifted to the big fields.
- In Belgium, a museum that is entirely dedicated to strawberries.
- Strawberries are not exactly berries.
- Strawberries and the rose plant belong to the same plant family!
- There is a beer that is made with strawberries.
History Of National California Strawberry Day:
National California Strawberry Day was started in 1983. It was started by the California Strawberry Advisory Board, which is now known as the California Strawberry Commission.