National Cappuccino Day
National Cappuccino Day
Celebrated on November 8th every year.
|2019||November 8th||Friday||United States|
|2020||November 8th||Sunday||United States|
|2021||November 8th||Monday||United States|
Related: Other National Days Celebrated on November 8th:
National Parents As Teachers Day
National Harvey Wallbanger Day
Why National Cappuccino Day?
The National Cappuccino Day is celebrated to compliment the existence of Cappuccino, a favorite and popular drink among coffee lovers all over the world. It consists of three layers – espresso, steamed milk and milk froth on top and optionally topped with chocolate shavings or cocoa powder. It was traditionally consumed by Italians during breakfast. Nowadays cappuccino works out like a refreshing drink at any time of the day, especially during working hours. A hot cup of cappuccino with friends during a cold winter morning would make us feel in heaven.
How to celebrate National Cappuccino Day?
- Use the hashtag # NationalCappuccinoDay to post on social media regarding the health benefits of cappuccino and some recipes of new flavors of cappuccino.
- you can prepare your cappuccino with a newly bought cappuccino machine and enjoy the comforting drink. you can also try new recipes of cappuccino coffee cakes, cupcakes, and cheesecakes.
- It can also be celebrated with friends or family by trying out new flavors of cappuccino in the local coffee shops or an exotic cup of cappuccino at a renowned Coffee shop.
Recipe for Traditional Cappuccino:
- Coarse grind the coffee bean enough to prepare one ounce of espresso. The proportion for a traditional cappuccino is 1:1:1 of espresso, milk and milk foam.
- Add the coffee powder to the machine and wait for the machine to dispense espresso into the cup. If the machine has a frother wait for it to finish the task. If not get your milk ready while the coffee is brewing.
- If the machine does not have a frother, use an electric milk frother to create a thick foam not an airy froth.
- After the espresso is brewed add it to the cup and slowly add the liquid portion of the milk into the cup.
- Carefully scoop the milk foam without liquid and put it over the cup. Add sugar to taste.
- Sprinkle it with cocoa powder or cinnamon powder or chocolate shavings according to taste.
Interesting facts on National Cappuccino Day:
- Cappuccino has become quite popular in the U.S. since the 1980s. but its history dates back to the 16th century in Viennese Coffee shops of Austria and was then called ‘Kapuziner’.
- The latest name and form was invented in Italy during the 1700s.
- Cappuccino became popular throughout the world after the invention of the Espresso Machine in 1901 and more popular after the world war.
- Anyhow it became popular in the U.S. in the 1980s largely due to the marketing in Coffee shops.
- For the past three decades, it is also sold in automatic beverage machines. But, the taste of it does not even come near that of the traditional cappuccino.
- Some health benefits of cappuccino when consumed in limited amounts are:
- Prevents heart diseases
- Reduces chances of stroke
- Prevents Type 2 Diabetes
- Aids digestion
- Lowers chances of cancer
- Prevents headache
- Burns fat and aids in weight loss
- Few types of cappuccino:
- Traditional Cappuccino
Prepared with one or two shot of espresso topped with foamed or steamed milk layers.
- Iced Cappuccino
Iced version of the hot cappuccino
- Wet Cappuccino
Also called light cappuccino or cappuccino Chiaro, prepared with the use of less foamed milk. It is creamy and has a diluted taste.
- Dry Cappuccino
Also called dark cappuccino, contains a low amount of milk in comparison to other cappuccino.
- Flavored Cappuccino
A popular version in the U.S. Flavoring syrups is added to give flavors such as chocolate, vanilla, peppermint, caramel, cinnamon, and raspberry.
History of National Cappuccino Day:
Origin of the National Cappuccino Day is unknown.