National Chocolate Cupcake Day:
Celebrated on 18th October every year. The day is to Celebrate the most delicious and the king of cupcakes, the Chocolate cupcake.
|2023||18th October||Wednesday||United States|
|2024||18th October||Friday||United States|
|2025||18th October||Saturday||United States|
Related: Other National Days Celebrated on October 18th:
Why National Chocolate Cupcake Day?
Cupcakes are an evergreen favorite among kids and adults alike. And chocolate cupcakes are the most perfect and most loved flavor of the cupcakes. They are sweet, moist, and delicious, and also the most delightful of the flavors. Such an enhanced and rich taste calls for a celebration and that is why we honor these delectable chocolate cupcakes, an epitome of perfection, on the 18th of October every year as the National Chocolate Cupcake Day.
With the chocolate cupcakes having found a way into our lives and into our hearts it is well-deserving of them to get a day celebrating their perfection.
How to celebrate National Chocolate Cupcake Day:
Celebrations always call for a cake. And when we speak of cakes, nothing beats the flavor of chocolates, more so when you can have them in a single swallow as a cupcake. Chocolate Cupcakes definitely need a special mention among the different flavors of cupcakes for they justify your gluttony to devour them.
On this special day, as we celebrate the popular dessert of all occasions, the chocolate cupcakes, let us take a look at the different frostings we can have on them.
- The standard cupcake in the delightful flavor of chocolate is definitely everyone’s favorite
- Add on a little bit of chocolate caramel frosting to make the cake extra sweet and delicious.
- And for those who love to have a snack of the chocolate cupcake adding a peanut butter chocolate cupcake will definitely satisfy the palate.
- You can even have an orange-flavored frosting on the top of your chocolate cupcake to brighten up the mood.
- Chocolate mint recipes are also used by many looking for a cool version of the chocolate cupcake.
- It is completely up to you to decide on the flavor that you want on your chocolate cupcake and gobble it up deliciously.
Start celebrating the delicious sweetness of the chocolate cupcakes by making your own version of them and enjoying it at leisure on National Chocolate Cupcake Day. You can also make use of the hashtags #NationalChocolateCupcakeDay or the #ChocolateCupcakeDay to share your favorite version of cupcakes and the frosting you would like to have on them. Share today on social media about your favorite version of chocolate cupcakes with a picture of your version.
Interesting facts about National Chocolate Cupcake Day:
On the National Chocolate Cupcake Day which celebrates the cupcakes and the deliciousness of the chocolates, let us get to know some interesting facts about chocolate cupcakes and cupcakes in general.
- The first time the chocolate cupcake was mentioned was on a cookbook “American Cookery” in the year 1796 but not as a cupcake but as cakes baked in small cups.
- There is also the National Lemon Cupcake Day which is celebrated on the 15th of December.
- The first mass production of the cupcakes was done by the company Hostess in the year 1919.
- It was not until the 1950s that the cupcakes started having stuffed insides with a squiggly line over them.
- The cakes were initially baked in smaller vessels of all kinds including ramekins, ceramic cups, and even vases.
- Cupcakes are also called by the name “Fairy cakes” in Great Britain.
- In Australia, the cupcakes are known more like the “Patty Cakes”.
History of National Chocolate Cupcake Day:
There is no specific information with regards to the origin of this day or on who invented the day and why. However, we do have some information regarding the origin of the cupcake in general. The origin of the cupcake itself dates back to as early as 1796, during which time there is a mention of cakes being cooked in small cups. It is probably the reason why these delicacies earned the name of the cupcakes. The term “cupcake” itself is mentioned for the first time in 1828 in a cookbook by Eliza Leslie.
Who would have thought that the cupcakes will soon become a popular dessert across the world? The chocolate cupcakes have now become a staple in a variety of baking shows, competitions, parties, and celebrations.