National Dadgum That’s Good Day
March 1 is celebrated as The National Dadgum That’s Good Day to enjoy good food with others every year. Sharing food, drink, and feelings is the day to rejoice in the goodness of life.
|2023||1st March||Wednesday||United States|
|2024||1st March||Friday||United States|
|2025||1st March||Saturday||United States|
Related: Other National Days Celebrated on March 1st:
Why National Dadgum That’s Good Day?
On 1st March, people celebrate meeting, cooking, sharing foods, and have lots of fun. “Dadgum, That’s Good” is not just a clause nor a mere title of John McLemore’s recipe book. He has documented his whole life’s experience, love, passion for food, and recipes to make using his Masterbuilt cook appliances in that book. That book has recipes of dishes anyone can prepare.
John McLemore’s book of recipes is so wonderful that he is welcomed everywhere by every kind of people. When he goes to Southern continent, people love to commemorate the clause “Dadgum! That’s Good”. They gather around, express their care by sharing delicious feasts and their experience with others at the dining table. He also runs a television cookery show where he demonstrates different recipes so that everyone can prepare them anywhere, they want.
Co-founder and CEO of Masterbuilt Manufacturing, John McLemore, was inspired for cooking by his parents. His father used to cook delicious fish dishes, and his mother had some good recipes too. Even his wife and three children have the same knack for cooking. His favorite dish is southern fried chicken by his mother. A house where good moments are made with good food, a family who knows how to celebrate a good day with a heavy feast, and sharing love with others, makes a good day. When you have a good day, you definitely will have more good things to come. So, spend the 1st March as “Dadgum Good Day” and share the goodness with others.
A whole delicious meal can make anyone delighted no matter in what mood that person is. Instead of buying it from the restaurant, when someone prepares it for their near and dear ones, their compassion gets mixed into the food making its taste better. 1st March is the day to celebrate all the happiness in life with their loved ones and gather around the table to have a great feast. That’s why it’s called “Dadgum That’s Good Day!”.
How Can We Observe National Dadgum That’s Good Day ?
There is no specific rule for celebrating the day, but here is some process that everyone should do to observe this day with others.
- Prepare delicious dish
Watch John McLemore’s cook show and go through the “Dadgum That’s Good” and “Dadgum That’s Good Too” books written by him. Note the recipes. Then collect all the ingredients, necessary spices, fruits, and vegetables. Now prepare the dishes with extra love and care.
- Invite your relatives and friends
Call your relatives and friends over to your house and have a grand banquet at your place. It will be the perfect way to enjoy the day from breakfast to dinner with lots of food and drink. Don’t forget to share your story of sorrow and happiness, and recipes.
- Share your happiness with others.
Capture the moment with the camera, and share through social networking sites, share your recipes, name of the dishes, any new recipes invented by you, video and images of the foods, a piece of happiness in words and don’t forget to add the hashtags #DadGum, #DadGumThatsGoodDay, #NationalDadgumDay.
Interesting Facts on National Dadgum That’s Good Day?
I have listed some interesting aspects of Dadgum for your enjoyment. As the day is first celebrated as a memorial of McLemore’s book, enjoyment of some good meals, and celebration of the Masterbuilt company’s success, it’s all related to the celebration of the day, and these facts will make you wait for this day for party more.
- This day is celebrated as a token of honor of a book. John McLemore has written his recipes in “Dadgum That’s Good!” Book. About 125 recipes are previously tested and successful, along with his 16 special dishes. Recipes include grilling, smoking, frying, boiling, heating, and many more. There is a detailed process from how to cut vegetables differently for different dishes, choose the ingredients properly, preserve veggies for later use, etc.
- After the previous book’s success and the appreciation of people by celebrating the day, John McLemore released another book, “Dadgum That’s Good Too!” as a sequel. It contains about 135 fresh recipes. It has recipes including mixed herbs and garlic, and how to prepare them using Masterbuilt cooking appliances. He also talked about foods prepared with all the family members and shared with all to make this National Dadgum Day even brighter.
- Masterbuilt company is famous for producing useful crockery and appliances to help you in the kitchen. It has a collection of instruments like electronic smokers, griller, frier, etc. One can use these to celebrate the day and cook food easily.
History of National Dadgum That’s Good Day:
Masterbuilt Manufacturing, LLC, situated in Columbus, GA, declared National Dadgum That’s Good Day in 2015 to acknowledge good food and days of glory of the company. It is also related to the book “Dadgum That’s Good” written by John McLemore. They enrolled the day 1st March in National Calendar and announced celebrating the day as “National Dadgum That’s Good Day” each year.