National Dress Up Your Pet Day:
Celebrated annually on every January 14th, the National Dress Up Your Pet Day encourages all the fashion enthusiasts to celebrate their style along with their pets!
|2021||14th January||Thursday||United States|
|2022||14th January||Friday||United States|
|2023||14th January||Saturday||United States|
Related: Other National Days Celebrated on January 14th:
Why Dress Up Your Pet Day?
Be it a lady or a gentleman, dressing up well is considered an important virtue since times of old! And your fashion style displays your personality. The same applies to your pet too. Irrespective of whether your pet is calm, flirty, tough, sassy, or smart he or she deserves an attire matching their persona!
You could match them with a dazzling pink sweater or the macho looking crew neck sweater, the fashion options are endless today!
And it is fun to have fun with your pet by skipping the routine ball or bow fetching game! You could spend quality time with your pet today as pets love when their owners give them attention. Spending time with your pet is good for your mental wellbeing as well!
Or you could just dress them up and dress along with them to beat the cold outside. Dogs especially feel the chills quickly so dress them warm before taking a stroll at the park!
The Dress Up Your Pet Day allows you to bond, show off your pet’s personality, and protect them today and every day from the extreme climate without getting scary glances from others!
How Can We Observe National Dress Up Your Pet Day:
- Follow the latest fashion trend to dress up your pets today
Celebrate the day by dressing up your pet in the latest trends set by pet celebrities! Or start your pet trend by going against or ahead of the current fashion wave!
- Ensure your pet feels comfortable with the attire
While you are encouraged to dress up your pets in the best attires today, it is very crucial to consider your pet’s comfort as well. A very tight bow or attire that restricts breathing or motion of the pets can cause injury to your pet both internally and externally. Ensure that the attire doesn’t have anything hanging as most pets love to chew stuff!
- Quirk up their appearance!
Wash them up, give them a new haircut, trim those nails or paint them up! Pair them with a bright bandana, sturdy collars, hats, goggles, or cool bows for a fresh look!
- Twin with your pet today!
Twin with your pets wearing a bow or a bandana of the same color or go the cowboy way! You could match the shoes, a shirt, or a cozy sweater in the winter!
- Snap some pictures with your pets all dressed up!
Create memories by snapping pictures with you and your pet dressed up! You could also invite friends to have fun dressing up your pets and adore your pets look and expressions!
- Encourage Dress Up Your Pet Day celebrations on social media today!
Share pictures of your pet’s new style with friends and family on social media! Encourage them to bond with their pets while dressing up their pets today! Use #NationalDressUpYourPetDay and #DressUpYourPetDay to share all your posts today!
Interesting Facts About National Dress Up Your Pet Day:
Here are some pets facts to add more fun to your celebrations!
- Dogs can make nearly a hundred different facial expressions especially using their ears
- Dalmations are not born with spots, they appear as they age
- Dogs sweat through their paws while cats don’t have sweat glands at all
- Birds need to eat at least half their weight to survive each day!
- Over 60 million pets birds are owned by Americans
- Survey shows that 94% of the pet owners smile more than once in a day because of their pet
- The absence of collar bones in cats makes them extremely flexible!
- The polar bear has black skin while its fur alone is white
- The only flying mammal is the bat
- Large parrots like Cockatoos and Macaws have a life span more than 75 years
- Tests conducted by the University of Michigan shows that your cats have a better memory than your dogs. Cats can remember up to 16 hours longer than monkeys and orangutans while a dog’s memory lasts only for 5 minutes.
History of National Dress Up Your Pet Day:
Colleen Paige founded the National Dress Up Your Pet Day in 2009. Paige is a Celebrity who is an expert in Pet Lifestyle and Animal Behavior. This day is celebrated as an unofficial fun national holiday to step out in style with your pets!