National Eggs Benedict Day
National Eggs Benedict Day:
Celebrated on April 16 every year, National Eggs Benedict Day marks the importance of a delicious breakfast dish, Egg Benedict. This delicious breakfast contains 2 toasted English muffins topped with Canadian bacon or Ham, poached eggs, and a tangy Hollandaise sauce served with potato wedges of fries along with some extra Hollandaise sauce on the side.
|2022||16th April||Saturday||United States|
|2023||16th April||Sunday||United States|
|2024||16th April||Monday||United States|
Why National Eggs Benedict Day?
Starting the day with a plate of Egg Benedict for breakfast, this day is celebrated to cherish Eggs Benedict’s delicacy and observe the origin of such a lip-smacking dish.
People celebrate this exceptionally delicious day all across the world by indulging themselves in the rich taste of Egg Benedict.
How can we celebrate National Eggs Benedict Day:
How to celebrate National Eggs Benedict Day? Is it even a question? Start off your day with a big bite of the yummiest, warmest Egg Benedict. With an extensive range of ways to eat it, either an all-time classic breakfast Egg Benedict with bacon or ham or any creative way you prefer, you have to have Egg Benedict at least once on this Day. Prefer to have a bagel in every meal celebrating its versatility while trying every method you can make it in! Who can hate Egg Benedict?
- Hang out with your friends and family at your local bagel shops and hop in for a delicious breakfast today! Begin your day by making Egg Benedict for your family and yourself. Then, to give it a twist, replace bacon or ham with other ingredients like salmon, tomatoes, corned beef, etc. You might also consider replacing the muffins with crispy bagels or toast.
- Visit restaurants and come across numerous versions of Egg Benedict, either the traditional way or one involving entirely new flavors surprising you or gather a few friends at your place and have a Benedict feast.
- Do not fail to remember taking photos while providing a blast to your taste buds and posting it on every social media using #EggBenedictDay and #NationalEggBenedictDay.
Go wild with your Egg Benedict, and it’s NATIONAL EGGS BENEDICT DAY! Let us know other ways you celebrate this day!
Interesting facts about National Eggs Benedict Day:
- There are many methods to be super creative while making Egg Benedict in your kitchen. The important elements of the dish are perfectly poached eggs and a sizzling hollandaise sauce which, when blended with all the other ingredients, make a dish entirely unexplainable in words.
- The dish is known to have originated in the 1800s, but the true inventor has not been found till date. There are many fraud Benedicts who claim to be the inventor of the dish.
- Was it the invention of succeeding a bad hangover or the work of mind-blowing hands of a chef of a restaurant? We would never know.
History of National Eggs Benedict Day:
Though this delicious National Holiday is continuing to research its origin, various theories have evolved concerning how the Egg Benedict came into existence. Out of a plethora of theories discovered, believing the myths they involve with them, three of the most prominent ones are:
- First theory
- The first theory centers around Lemuel Benedict, who was recognized to be a stockbroker in New York back in 1894. One fine day, Lemuel Benedict happened to visit the Waldorf Hotel wherein he ordered the restaurant for poached eggs, toasts crisped up in butter, crunchy bacon with Hollandaise sauce on the side of the dish.
- Subsequently, he was very satisfied with the dish made with eggs, and the hotel hence decided to include the dish in its menu. The dish was introduced with some changes like the use of muffin in place of the toast and bacon.
- Second theory
- The second theory concerning the Eggs Benedict Day revolves around Pope Benedict XII of the 18th It was believed that the Pope greatly enjoyed some dish made up using eggs to a level where he requested for the dish quite often, almost on a regular basis.
- By the route of this claimed theory, Pope Benedict XIII was discovered to have fallen ill after a while. His desire for his favorite dish made with eggs? No, it never went weak, even after his weakening state of health. Inspired by this, the dish ended up being named Eggs Benedict after Pope Benedict XII.
- Third theory
- Edward P. Montgomery, in 1967 wrote a letter to New Your Times magazine which talked about the real founder of Egg Benedict, Commodre E.C Benedict, whose note contained a recipe of the dish passed on Montogomery through his mother, an acquaintance of Commodre.