National Encourage a Young Writer Day:
Encouraging budding writers, the National Encourage a Young Writer Day is celebrated every year on the 10th of April.
|2022||10th April||Sunday||United States|
|2023||10th April||Monday||United States|
|2024||10th April||Tuesday||United States|
Why National Encourage a Young Writer Day?
Almost everyone in the world is born with unbridled imagination but only a few of us manage to transform them into writing. The writers are often vivacious readers with a vivid imagination who are encouraged from a young age to take up writing as a mode of expressing their ideas. Without encouragement, no art will flourish and it includes writing as well. The National Encourage a Young Writer Day is a dedication to the young writers who have just begun their quest in writing. It is an ideal occasion to help young writers to tap into their imagination, share their creative ideas and encourage them to move forward in their writing career.
How Can We observe the National Encourage a Young Writer Day:
On the National Encourage a Young Writer Day you can choose to encourage young writers in your circle of friends, family, and beyond. Here are a few tips on how you can encourage them and make this a special day for all.
- You can provide the young writer with a journal, to begin with, their writing expedition. With no specific date or time when the inspiration might strike you, it would benefit them a lot when they have a journal handy to jot down their thoughts.
- Provide the young writers with the resources and the leads they would need to complete their writing. You can also provide the inspiration they seek to continue with their writing navigating through research work and other materials.
- If you have a young writer at home or someone you know of, then make sure they have absolute freedom to write about anything. Providing them the freedom to choose their stories and how it will be presented is among the best gifts you can give them.
- Motivate the young writers to read more. Reading often opens doors that you never knew existed and encouraging the young writers to read will give them the information they seek while improving their vocabulary.
- If you are a budding writer, then you can take this day as the starting point to venture on your writing quest, exploring the topics and trying your hand at writing.
- You can organize a session with young writers where they can discuss their ideas, share their opinions on different themes, and much more, paving way for more creativity.
As you observe the National Encourage a Young Writer Day, do not forget to spread the word to the world with the hashtag #NationalEncourageaYoungWriterDay on your online posts.
Interesting facts about National Encourage a Young writer Day:
On the National Encourage a Young Writer Day, we bring to you interesting facts about writing and writers in general.
- Peter Bales, a scribe from the Elizabethan age, is said to have written the Bible by hand so small that it can be easily fit into the shell of a walnut.
- The writer’s block often encountered by writers is termed as “colygraphia” while the writer’s cramp is known by the name of “mogigraphia”.
- East of Eden author John Steinbeck is known to use 60 pencils every day for writing. In fact, he had used nearly 300 pencils to write the East of Eden.
- According to the famous J.R.R. Tolkien, there is no new story but writers dip into an existing “Cauldron” of stories to write every time.
- Agatha Christie dictated all her novels as she had Dysgraphia, meaning that she couldn’t write legibly.
- Ernest Hemingway sharpened his pencils whenever he needed time to think as he wrote.
- Friedrich Nietzsche was the first writer to use a typewriter, while Bomber by Len Deighton was the first novel to be written on a word processor.
History of National Encourage a Young Writer Day:
While the National Encourage a Young Writer Day allows budding and new writers to work on their writing with motivation from others, there is no specific information on when and how this day came into existence. There is no information on how or who initiated this day nevertheless it is an opportunity to encourage young writers amidst us.