National Ex Spouse Day
National Ex Spouse Day:
Celebrated annually on April 14th, the National Ex-Spouse Day is celebrated to encourage the people who have dissolved marriage to forgive their particular former spouses and successfully move beyond any bitterness and anger against them which might be present.
|2022||14th April||Thursday||United States|
|2023||14th April||Friday||United States|
|2024||14th April||Saturday||United States|
Why National Ex Spouse Day?
It is quite evident that not every relationship ends on a positive note; therefore, considering the same, This is a National holiday that has been designed to get such people to think about the memorable times they spent with their ex-spouse. National Ex Spouse Day comes out as a day on which people have the liberty to spend a single last time with all positive thoughts pertaining to their ex before moving on with the rest of their personal life and activities.
While being celebrated after a full duration of 2 months from the world-renowned Valentine’s Day, This is a holiday for people to get not a full, but at least a certain amount of closure in this day and age of their life. It has been seen that very few marriages are known to end in a friendly and peaceable manner. The ones that successfully do are not free from regrets and angst.
As a result of a plethora of reasons, marriages don’t tend to work out at times. Proving this, recent statistics have shown that the rate of divorce while considering first marriages is around 50 percent. Also, some people successively find that they get along more nicely after getting a divorce, as and when compared to the time they were together during the marriage.
Unfortunately, not all divorces turn out to be friendly; the experience of some might be traumatic and painful. Regardless of whether the separation is friendly or not, there should be a way to manage any such situation effectively. For the same, National Ex Spouse Day is celebrated.
Some of the major reasons are:
- Remembering all those happy moments with happy thoughts and reflecting upon such happy moments that made you grow and laugh together.
- You can balance each annoying and negative habit of your ex with a happy one.
- If you are still married and don’t feel like things are working your way, you can either talk with your spouse or take a step too.
How Can we celebrate National Ex Spouse day:
- Everything is all about you and no one else.
“In the end, it doesn’t even matter. “ The lyrics of a very famous song in this day and age perfectly blend with today’s occasion. For the people who just came out fresh out of painful and hurting divorces, all you need to do is focus on yourself from now and today is, without the shadow of a doubt, a great day to do that. Focus on those activities which you can enjoy doing now that you are single and don’t have to weigh another individual’s opinion.
You can start by enlisting about five things which you would love to accomplish now, being a single lad or a lady. This will help you provide focus and determination while allowing you to successfully take mini-steps forward towards good progress pertaining to getting over your significant half now, instead of moving onto the world-famous method of getting over a divorce– third wine spritzers or wallowing in your bed for days.
- Spending time with your little ones
National Ex Spouse Day is a great day to embrace your little ones and thank your ex for such a beauty that came from your failed partnership. You can go out for an ice cream date with them and enjoy their whining and laughter.
Oh, also, you could count down and smile about the fact that they have got their quality traits from you and not from their other parental half, that is, your ex.
- Come over Social Media
You can post photos, videos of you and your kids enjoying, positive quotes about breakups and endings, and other such related content on your social media handle today while using #NationalExSpouseDay or #ExSpouseDay today.
Interesting facts About National Ex Spouse Day:
A few of some interesting facts about divorce are:
- Couples are generally known to divorce in March and August.
- Married people who watch pornographic movies are more likely to divorce.
- Husbands who are not working full-time might have to experience a divorce.
- The closer a particular couple is in their age, the less likely their chances of divorcing.
- This day recognizes the strength of the bond that can form in the wake of a divorce. Statistics show that around two-thirds of marriages end in divorce during the five years. Each year, thousands of marriages end due to intense disagreements between husband and wife.
- Last year, over 50 million people walked away with a divorce document. This means that more than 50% of all married people in the United States will experience some type of legal separation at some point in their lives.
History of National Ex Spouse Day:
This holiday was primarily created in Kansas City, Missouri, by Reverend Ronald Coleman in 1987 to dissolve all the bitterness and negative emotions against a person’s ex, which are associated with a bitter divorce. He aimed that this day would come out as an excuse for people to successfully exorcise all the negative feelings and replace them with positive vibes.