National Fast Food Day:
Celebrated annually on November 16th, the National Fast Food Day is dedicated to honoring fast food and its triumphant journey all the way from 1929. If you are a fan of fast food and often criticized by loved ones, today is a perfect opportunity to indulge in all those tasty treats!
|2020||16th November||Monday||United States|
|2021||16th November||Tuesday||United States|
|2022||16th November||Wednesday||United States|
Why Fast Food Day?
The term fast food applies to any food that is prepared and served with minimal time. It is easily available for a take away in packaged form. Today the US alone has over 300,000 fast-food restaurants.
The origin of fast food can be traced back to 1921, where automobiles had become very popular and affordable after WWI. And restaurants back then understood that car owners did not want to get out of the car to order and eat food. Thus the drive-throughs slowly became introduced.
It is believed that Walter Anderson began the first food truck model! Back then he sold hamburgers at the Wichita intersection using the body of an old streetcar. Although the menu wasn’t long, the hamburgers were a crowd favorite. With this reputation Anderson went on to partner with E.W. Ingram established the White Castle in 1921, Wichita, Kansas. They were the first enterprise to kick start the fast-food business by selling hamburgers at only five cents each!
Today many of the American fast-food restaurants can be seen in over 100 countries. Fast-food initially was only burgers, sandwiches, and juice but today the menu has stretched to cater to various cultures and regions! Today many fast-food chains served varieties of fish, fried chicken, noodles, Burritos, Pizzas, Salads, and Tacos. Fresh fruit juice, packaged fruit juice, ice creams, pies, and desserts are also on the fast-food menu.
Some fast-food restaurants also offer breakfast. So the National Fast Food Day is so much more appealing than we could imagine. With almost all the fast-food joints and restaurants giving away freebies and exciting combos, it is a day to cherish all your favorite convenience foods!
Fast food doesn’t always mean you indulge in extra fats! There are plenty of healthy fast-food options too! Think about it, food made fast, tasty, and healthy! This is the National fast-food Day all about!
How Can We Observe National Fast Food Day?
- Eat at your favorite fast food joint or restaurant!
Celebrate the National Fast Food Day by eating at your favorite fast food place!
- In a hurry? Choose a takeaway!
Choose a takeaway or on the go, If you don’t have time to enjoy your fast-food at the restaurant!
- It’s time to try eating something new!
Celebrate this National Fast Food Day, by choosing something new about your favorite fast-food joint! With offers and discounts, it is a great opportunity to try out new food without hurting your pockets!
- Best time to throw a party! Or meet up!
Enjoy the freebies and combos by throwing a party or just get together with friends and family!
- Give the National Fast Food Day a shoutout on Social Media!
Click pictures of your favorite fast-foods or the new fast-food that you tried today. Share them on social media using #NationalFastFoodDay and #FastFoodDay! Encourage friends and family to enjoy the Day by having their favorite fast foods too!
Interesting Facts About National Fast Food Day:
Here are some Interesting Fast Food facts to add more fun today!
- America’s most popular fast food is the French Fries
- Except for North Korea, PepsiCo and Coca-Cola products are available in all the countries.
- The largest purchaser of Chicken in the world is KFC
- World’s largest purchaser of Pork, Beef, and potatoes is the McDonalds
- over 216 liters of soft drinks are consumed by an average American each year
- McDonald’s Customers in Japan enjoy French Fries with Pumpkin and chocolate dips!
- Wendy’s is the only US fast food joint selling baked potatoes.
- McDonald’s is the largest employer in the US. With at least 1 in 8 Americans working or would have worked for it!
- Dunkin Donuts serves fresh ground Coffee beans that are again brewed fresh. If not consumed within 18 minutes, the coffee is discarded!
- KFC was not exaggerating when it declared its seasoning to be a top-secret! It does use 11 different spices and herbs for the seasoning from two separate plants!
History Of National Fast Food Day:
The origin and the founder of National Fast Food Day are unknown as per our research. Since there are no Presidential or congressional claims, this Day is celebrated as a fun food holiday in the US.