National Frankenstein Friday
National Frankenstein Friday:
National Frankenstein Friday is celebrated on the last Friday of October. This day commemorates the brilliant work of Mary Shelly, the creator of the famous Frankenstein.
|2021||29th October||Friday||United States|
|2022||28th October||Friday||United States|
|2023||27th October||Friday||United States|
Why National Frankenstein Friday?
Dr. Frankenstein was a character that was created by the legendary author Mary Shelly. This is known to be the best horror character of all time. The novel by Shelly narrates the story of Victor Frankenstein, a young scientist. The novel was published anonymously and become a big hit among the readers. The readers believed it was Mary’s husband who wrote the character. But later, Mary brought out her work to the public and published her creativity under her name. This character went on to be created into several movies and small snippets. Hence, the last Friday of October celebrates this wonderful character that the incredibly talented author gifted the world.
Frankenstein’s story falls under a horror-science fiction genre. Frankenstein’s story is about a scientist called Frankenstein who conducted several experiments and created a human-like creature. This creature is disliked and hated by everyone due to its appearance. And slowly, the creature came to be known under the creator’s name. This monster-like creature turns out to be an extremely emotional and intelligent person. The rest of the world, however, treats him like he is a monstrous animal. This particular novel became an inspiration for many science fiction creators and lovers. The reading public immediately accepted this character. The character was so well written that it went on to have numerous movies of its own. Today, the young and the old are equally familiar with this creature of ugly appearance that seeks acceptance. In some cases, many related their lives to the atrocities that the book highlighted. It brought relatability in an unfamiliar zone.
It was an impeccable idea and an extraordinary creation. To give a monster a human-like nature. To highlight what humanity means. Beyond the surface of a horror and science fiction novel, the story and character go way deep. It reflects a certain nature of our society. Mary Shelly took a simplistic idea and made a remarkable creation out of that idea. Her dedication towards making a character and the success that she saw after her novel was published is celebrated to this day. National Frankenstein commemorates a unique story and an extraordinary talent.
It is very important to acknowledge days like this, as it is important to acknowledge the wonderful works that we have received over the years and the struggle of the creators behind their work. Mary Sheila was an inspiration for many women. Her success encouraged others to put themselves out there and achieve what they wanted. She proved that the sky was the limit. Her story has been a benchmark in the science fiction genre. The detailed writing and dedication that has gone to the character are also to be appreciated. National Frankenstein Friday is hence celebrated to commemorate the creator and her creation.
How can we celebrate National Frankenstein Friday:
- Dig out all the old Frankenstein novels. Go back to the original novels, and immerse yourself in the world that Marry Shelly created. Pay attention to the details of the books and appreciate the talent that has been portrayed.
- Binge watch the Frankenstein movies. There are plenty of movies for you to watch. The movies are known to make your heart lighter. They have humor, emotion, and a great story all in one. Call all your friends home and celebrate the day with them.
- Post video snippets and photos of Dr. Frankenstein on your social media platforms. Share the story of Mary Shelly with the hashtag #NationalFrankensteinFriday and #Frankensteinday and #Frankenstein.
Interesting Facts on National Frankenstein Friday:
Here are some interesting facts about Nation Frankenstein Friday:
- National Frankenstein is celebrated on the last Friday of every October.
- National Frankesinetin Friday is celebrated to appreciate Mary Shelly and her brilliant character, Dr.Frankenstein.
- Frankenstein was the name of the young scientist and not the creature. The public began to call the creature Frankenstein, as it did not have a name.
- Frankenstein was actually a novel, and it was published anonymously. Only after the success of the first novel did Mary Shelly begin to publish under her own name.
History of National Frankenstein Friday:
History of National Frankenstein Day goes back to Mary Shelly and her unique character. Frankenstein was a science fiction novel. It was the story of a young scientist Victor Frankenstein. His experimentations made him create a monster-like creature. This creature was portrayed as ugly, but he was an intelligent creature looking for acceptance in reality.