National Heavenly Hash Day:
Celebrated nationwide on the 2nd of February, National Heavenly Hash day is an unofficial food holiday made to relish the heavenly snacks, having some ingredients in common!
|2022||2nd February||Wednesday||United States|
|2023||2nd February||Thursday||United States|
|2024||2nd February||Friday||United States|
Why National Heavenly Hash Day?
The origin of Heavenly Hash dates back to the year 1923 where Heavenly Hash emerged as a Candy for the first time. This Candy was made up of a crust filled with marshmallows. The center was comprised of two roasted almonds, and the whole assemble was covered in chocolate. This candy was manufactured and marketed by Elmer Candy Corporation as an Easter Treat. The Candy was originally marketed under the brand name of “Heavenly Hash Eggs” and still continues to be in production.
The term “Heavenly Hash” stands for a flavor instilled in any recipe forms with the ingredients- chocolate, marshmallows, and nuts. Different forms of marshmallows like marshmallow creams and marshmallow whips are used to assemble the recipes.
Heavenly Hash has not been constrained to just a candy since then. It has often made appearances in varied forms like Icecreams (the most popular form), fudge, salads, jello salads, and whatnot. Heavenly Hash can be pleaded guilty for the marshmallow obsession of the Nation.
How Can We Observe National Heavenly Hash Day:
Here are some of the best ways to celebrate this heavenly day with your family and friends!
- The day is incomplete without some Heavenly Hash, isn’t it? So take your cells out of your pockets and order a ‘Heavenly’ scoop of joy to your place. Scoop in and enjoy!
- Well, why restrict yourselves to just icecreams? Hit the stores and search for everything filled with marshmallows and chocolates. Pick up everything that catches your eye! You’re gonna have not just a ‘Heavenly Day,’ but a ‘Heavenly Weekend.’
- Have you ever tried a ‘Heavenly Hash Salad’? If not, today’s the perfect day!
Hit the kitchen one night before. Search for a bowl, pick out all of your favorite fruits. Put all these in the bowl. Add Marshmallows- a lot of them. Add some nuts. Now, all we need is a white and creamy binder to bind the salad. Use mayonnaise or sour cream, as per your choice, and toss all the fruits with it. Refrigerate it overnight.
Viola! Your salad is ready to eat!
- You can also try other Heavenly Hash Recipies such as an Ambrosia, a Jello Salad, or the basic Heavenly Hash Fudge. Let your taste buds swirl in the exquisite world of creamy marshmallows and chocolates with a crunch of nuts!
- Show your liking to this long preserved heritage of New Orleans by posting hashtags like #HeavenlyHashDay, #NationalHeavenlyHashDay, #MarshmellowLove, and #HeavenlyHash on your social media account timelines and stories along with your favorite form of Heavenly Hash Cuisine.
This day is celebrated with friends, family, and Marshmallows!
Interesting Facts On National Heavenly Hash Day:
Here are some heavenly facts about National Heavenly Hash Day, ready to blow your minds!
- The term Heavenly Hash is used to refer to some fishy tasks that someone is up to. You might encounter some policemen using the term in their convo to refer to some illegal deeds or charges.
- Heavenly Hash day coincides with National Tater Tot day and National Groundhog day. National Groundhog day seems to be more popular than the Hash opponent.
- Brands like Bryers, Edys, Ben & Jerry, and Sealtest have been selling their versions of the chocolate-marshmallow dessert and endorsing commercials of the same for quite a long time now.
- The Bar Versions of Heavenly Hash use condensed milk along with chocolate chips, marshmallows, and nuts.
- The Easter treat known as “Heavenly Hash Egg” was the first form and time of heavenly hash seeking the public eye as a Candy. This product was released in the market by “Elmer Candy Production” and continues to be sold to date in the same form.
- The Rocky Road Ice creams can be called a mimicry of the original Heavenly Hash. Considering the fact Heavenly Hash isn’t much popular is because of the Rocky Road. However, Rocky Road isn’t much different from the original Heavenly Hash. If you have a tongue for Rocky Road, then do try Heavenly Hash flavored Ice cream.
History Of National Heavenly Hash Day:
The answer to who identified this day is quite anonymous. The day coincides with the day on which Alfred L. Cralle patented one of his ice cream scoops in a design used to date.
As ice cream is the most popular way of enjoying Heavenly Hash, celebrating this National Day on the same date makes sense.
The founder and exact origin of this day are unknown to date.