National Hot Pastrami Sandwich Day:
Celebrate annually on every January 14th, the National Hot Pastrami Sandwich Day encourages you to dig in and cherish one of the most loved sandwiches in the US!
|2021||14th January||Thursday||United States|
|2022||14th January||Friday||United States|
|2023||14th January||Saturday||United States|
Related: Other National Days Celebrated on January 14th:
Why Hot Pastrami Sandwich Day?
There are different Pastrami sandwiches but it is generally prepared using beef! Imagine biting into those tender flavorful pastramis all day?! Wonder what’s their story? Grab on a Hot Pastrami Sandwich while we explore the mysteries of this delectable sandwich!
We can see a few English references that call this delicacy “Pastrama” and now the modified “Pastrami” is used! What is a Pastrami you ask? Well, the pastrami is traditionally prepared with beef. The early butchers prepared pastramis to preserve their meat for a longer period. To prepare pastrami, the raw meat would be placed in brine and dried partially while in it. Then this meat is seasoned with various spices and herbs before being smoked and steamed.
Some pastrami sandwiches are prepared using pork, turkey, or mutton as well!
The origin of Pastramis can be traced to the later part of the 19th century. It was introduced by the Romanian Jews who had migrated during this period.
The credit for this delicious and filling fast food goes to Sussman Volk, a kosher butcher in New York. he created this famous sandwich in 1887 and was the first one to do so. He claims to have received the sandwich recipe in exchange for storing the luggage of his Romanian friend. Volk soon transformed his butcher shop into a restaurant as his pastrami sandwich gained immense popularity!
This classic sandwich recipe is created using typical Jewish rye bread and piping hot pastrami slices. With its rich history and culinary beauty, this is a delicious delicacy that has inspired many in the culinary world to experiment with it!
If you are visiting New York, this is one of the must-try foods! It is a simple dish and yet holds such grandeur in the culinary world giving birth to the Hot Pastrami Sandwich Day!
January 14th is a day to certainly look forward to enjoying some of the best offers and discounts to celebrate the Hot Pastrami Sandwich Day!
How Can We Observe National Hot Pastrami Sandwich Day?
- Order your favorite Pastrami Sandwich!
It’s time to finally dig into your favorite Pastrami sandwich! Look up the best restaurants or cafes that make your favorite and order them!
- Explore the different pastrami sandwich versions
Bond with friends and family while exploring the different versions of pastrami sandwiches your community can offer! Click pictures, guess the ingredients, christen them, and have fun!
- Compete to create your Pastrami sandwich
If you have buddies or family members who have a passion for cooking, bring them together and let the great battle of Hot pastrami sandwich versions begin! You could also consider inviting your foodie friends to vote for the best!
- Share your pastrami sandwich-making tips!
If you are an expert pastrami sandwich maker, share your time-saving and life-saving tips on social media!
- Experiment with different flavors to compliment your pastramis
Try Pastrami sandwiches that are sweet, sour, spicy, creamy, and hot today! Why do you want to stick to one flavor?
- Encourage folks on social media to get a bite of this mouth-watering sandwich
Show your pastrami sandwich love and encourage your friends to get a taste of this mouth-watering sandwich! Share your pictures, best recipes, best pastrami sandwich experiences, and restaurants using #NationalHotPastramiSandwichDay and #HotPastramiSandwichDay
Interesting Facts About National Hot Pastrami Sandwich Day:
Here are some interesting Pastrami sandwich facts for the day!
- Pastramis were what kept the meat going longer before the refrigerators arrived
- The term “Pastrami” comes from the Roman verb “Pastrama” meaning “to conserve food”.
- Pastrami gets most of its flavor from being smoked
- The pastrami was a technology used to preserve meat and thus got its name
- In New York, Rye bread is used to serve the hot pastramis
- The first step to make pastrami is by making corned beef.
- Corned beef has no connections with corn.
- Corned beef is prepared by soaking the beef brisket in brine with some spices and sugar!
- To give a similar appeal to red meat products, Turkey pastramis often were prepared using the thigh or the breast of the turkey that was red and pale pink respectively.
History of National Hot Pastrami Sandwich Day:
We don’t yet know the founder and origin of the National Hot Pastrami Sandwich Day. Enjoy your Hot Pastrami sandwich, while we continue exploring. This day is celebrated as a fun unofficial food holiday across the US. Take them on the go, make them or gift them today!