National Juice Slush Day
National Juice Slush Day:
Celebrating the delicious summer delight, juice slush, we have National Juice Slush Day every third Wednesday in May, every year.
|2022||18th May||Wednesday||United States|
|2023||17th May||Wednesday||United States|
|2024||15th May||Wednesday||United States|
Why National Juice Slush Day?
When we speak of icy cool drinks, the juice slush is one of the many options that come to our mind. Easy to take around, these are your perfect partners when you are out lounging in the sun or you have a field trip to be part of.
Historically, many royal courts had the habit of bringing freshly fallen snow and topped it up with berries and other fruits to make an amazing dessert for the summer. The times have changed and we don’t live in the era of royal courts anymore. But that doesn’t mean we would not love to have some interesting drinks to have in summer. May is the month as we approach summer and there are many interesting drinks around the corner to indulge in. The juice slush is just what you need to beat the summer heat and that is why we honor this amazing drink on this cool day in May.
You don’t have to pack your drinks or icy desserts anymore. You can just order the pack of juice slush and take it anywhere you want to go with ease.
How can we celebrate National Juice Slush Day?
If you are entering the summer season, there is no better way to do it than having a juice or the juice slush in your hands.
- If you love making things yourself, then this day could be the beginning of another new stuff to make by yourself. Instead of ordering the juice slush, you can make your slush at home with your favorite fruits and juices. With some ice and fresh fruits, your slush will be ready in a jiffy.
- With different fruits, there are bound to be different tastes and flavors in the juice slush. You can have a friendly competition between your loved ones and check which of the flavors top the charts as the favorite among everyone. This would make way for a great bonding time between your loved ones and you are guaranteed to enjoy the time together.
- You can plan a day out with friends and family where you can pack up some juice slushes to take along. You can enjoy this icy juice slush as you gorge on the summer sun warming your skin from the outside.
Share your experience having your favorite juice slush and how it made your day memorable using #NationalJuiceSlushDay online.
Interesting facts about National Juice Slush Day:
Slushies, as they are often called, a lot of interesting news is available to know about the juice slushes.
- The word “slushies” is derived from the word “sloppy” which has a Norwegian origin.
- The flavored ice drinks were first invented by the Chinese and the origin of these drinks dates back to as early as 3000 BC.
- It has been since the 7AD when Asians started having flavored crushed ice or shaved ice topped with different flavors.
- Slushies were a favorite among the royal court. More so, for the great emperor like Alexander the Great who loved it nearly 2300 years back. It was fresh snow topped with fresh fruits then.
- The snow slush with wine and honey can be credited to the Roman Emperor Nero who loved having them.
- Italians were introduced to slushies by Marco Polo, thanks to his visit to China.
- The slush-puppie machines have been around since the 1950s in the country and they were first made available in the US.
- As a flavor, condensed milk was the most popular during the 1800s for the slushies.
- The slush ice drink was invented first by Omar Knedlik. The idea came to him as an accident when he put the sodas in the freezer since the soda fountain was not working.
History of National Juice Slush Day:
The day was initiated by Cool Tropics in an effort to celebrate the creativity and joy of youth. The company has been in the production of specialized beverages and snacks for almost a quarter of a century. Their beverages are known to be nutritious as well as fun. The juice slush was introduced by the company in the year 2008 to provide a smart snacking solution without artificial coloring and flavors.