National Kiss of Hope Day
National Kiss of Hope Day:
Observed every year on the last Saturday of April, National Kiss of Hope Day is celebrated to encourage parents, children, and love birds to express their love to each other. Apart from this, it aids people to be a crucial part of the fund-raising process as supporters and raise amazing charities from all around the globe.
Why National Kiss Of Hope Day:
Hope is known to be something that can help one get through the darkest days of his/her life. National Kiss of Hope Day symbolizes the power of love and hope to change how things are perceived today.
National Kiss of Hope Day commenced through an organization named “The Kiss of Hope Foundation (KOH),” which aims to serve and enrich the lives of families, communities, and individuals in need of care and assistance. The foundation’s main aim is to raise money for helping and providing families with rent, food, clothing for children and elders, housing, etc.
It has been studied through researches and surveys that roughly 40 million people struggle to fulfill the basic need of food, with about 2.3 million people at risk of eviction every year. Due to problematic situations, for instance, medical conditions and rising expenses, budget constraints, unforecasted repairs, etc., which end up making it difficult for both ends to meet.
Hence, National Kiss of Hope Day is marked by organizations all over the world helping people by the provision of food and groceries, shelter, repairs, donation services, etc., for bringing a beautiful smile on the faces of people.
How can we observe National Kiss of Hope Day:
- To celebrate this day, families and friends can express their love for one. Kiss your loved ones, be with them and let them know how much they matter in your life. Kiss the ailing-ill ones to show them a ray of hope and bring laughter on their faces, especially young children suffering from cancer or other serious life-threatening diseases.
- One can donate to any organization working towards supporting people in your community who need your help.
- For sharing love and hope across all the corners of the world, use #NationalKissofHopeDay, and #KissofHopeDay on every social media page today with pictures and videos captured while kissing your loved ones.
Interesting Facts on National Kiss of Hope Day:
Some interesting facts about kissing are:
- A kiss can burn 6.4 calories per minute, while a passionate kiss can burn up to 20 calories per minute. A Thai couple made a world record by kissing for straight 58 hours, 35 minutes, and 58 seconds. A Thai couple is known to have made a world record by kissing for 58 hours, 35 minutes, and 58 seconds burning 24,198.4 calories!
- There is a separate field of science by the name of “Philematology,” wherein researchers study kissing.
- Kissing is known to strengthen one’s immune system, slow down the aging process, and lose plaque.
- It has been found that people who hit the road after being kissed are much less aggressive assuring road safety.
- It stimulates around 100 billion nerve cells with a substantive rise in body temperature and blood pressure. Happiness hormones and adrenaline rush through our bodies while kissing.
- It has been proved that kissing follows a great deal of swapping, scientifically and factually speaking: 0.15 milligrams of gland secretion, 0.4 milligrams of salt, 60 milligrams of water, 0.5 milligrams of protein, and up to 22,000 bacteria!
- Pupils are known to dilate when we kiss someone, as a result of which one closes his eyes as the nervous system responds to the sexual arousal and excitement, making our pupils bigger and allowing entry of the extensive amount of light.
- During a French kiss, a man, through his saliva, transfers testosterone to a woman.
- A man comes to know about the woman’s reproductive status by kissing.
- Today, an average kiss lasts for around 12 seconds. Back then, in the 1980s, an average kiss lasted a mere 5.5 seconds.
History of National Kiss of Hope Day:
Bill Goblin, in 2015, on behalf of the Kiss of Hope Foundation, created National Kiss of Hope Day to raise money and help show people a better side of the world. Followed by his creation, the registrar at National Day Calendar fixed National Kiss of Hope day to be celebrated every year on the fourth Saturday of April all around the globe.