National Lemon Cupcake Day
National Lemon Cupcake Day:
Celebrated on December 15th every year. The day is to enjoy with the sweet Delights Cupcakes and lemon cupcakes.
|2018||15th December||Saturday||United States|
|2019||15th December||Sunday||United States|
|2020||15th December||Tuesday||United States|
Related: Other National Days Celebrated on December 15th:
Why Lemon Cupcake Day?
The day is to enjoy with the sweet Delights Cupcakes and lemon cupcakes. Normally people of very small nuclear families prefer cupcakes even for birthdays. It is actually a piece of cup-sized cake baked in an aluminum cup or some other and particularly designed using whipped cream or icing on the top.
Other decorations like different themes, candies on the top is normally available. Nowadays, you might have seen so many videos where even a marriage cake is prepared with “n” number of cupcakes. Several other cupcakes like Black cherry cupcakes with lollipop, Doggy Cupcake, Rose chocolate cupcake, Carrot Cupcakes, Chocolate Cupcakes with icing and Choco sprinkles are notable variants.
How we can Celebrate National Lemon Cupcake Day:
Enjoy the day by preparing cupcakes and lemon cupcakes and share your recipe with photographs using this picture #LemonCupcakeday on the social media. There are so many unique themes and flavors are prepared. Explore more regarding that and post any such peculiar variants if you come across.
Here is a recipe for you, Lemon Cupcake: Ingredients:
- One cup of butter
- Two cups of sugar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh lemon)
- Half cup milk
- Half-cup fresh cream
- Half cup powdered sugar
- 2-tablespoon lemon zest
- Lemon Cream Icing
- Three cups of flour
- Four eggs
- Half-teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven and Line cupcake pan cups with liners (use either paper liners or aluminum foil). Sift the all-purpose flour, milk and the required salt in a bowl. Take another bowl, nicely beat the butter and sugar with a blender until it becomes fluffy and light. Mix eggs, vanilla extract and lemon zest and blend it nicely.
Mix the flour mixture with the butter mixture gently so that it will not form bubbles or flour clots. Fill the liners with the batter; do not fill fully .just leave some gap so that it will not overflow. Bake it for 15-20 minutes. For icing decorations, mix the fresh cream and powdered sugar and beat nicely. After it becomes thick and creamy, add a tablespoon of lemon juice and agitate. After baking take, the cupcakes out and spread the icing on the top.
Enjoy the Lemon cupcake.
Interesting Facts About Lemon Cupcake Day:
- The year 1796, Amelia Simmons, wrote a cook book in which she mentioned a recipe named “a light cake to bake in small cups” that is almost similar to that of cupcakes. This is the earliest documented evidence found regarding the preparation of cupcakes. In around 1828, Eliza Leslie has written a book consisting of almost 75 recipes for pastry, sweetmeats and cakes.
- In 19th century, the small sized cakes were baked in pottery cups, molds or ramekins.Hence it retained the name as “Cupcake”. Cupcake recipes became famous as 1234 cakes in the homes kitchens. The term “1234” denotes the volume of four ingredients that is 1 cup —Butter, 2Cups- sugar, 3cups-flour and 4 eggs. This measurement is commonly used in all homemade cupcakes. Around 30 cupcakes can be prepared with these measurements.
- In commercially prepared cupcakes, fillings are injected using syringes.
- In 1907, Ida Freund, a chemistry lecturer prepared a period table made up of cupcakes to encourage her students.
- The first cupcake bakery “Georgetown Cupcake” was opened in Washington,D.C
- Several sizes of liners are available in the Market or confectionary stores.
- Cupcake is also called as “quarter cake”. However, gradually the latter faded away and the term “cupcake” remained as the widely used name.