National Napping Day
National Napping Day
Each year the Monday nearest to 15th March is enjoyed as National Napping Day. A short nap after a busy moment comes as a refreshing energy boost.
|2023||15th March||Wednesday||United States|
|2024||15th March||Friday||United States|
|2025||15th March||Saturday||United States|
Related: Other National Days Celebrated on March 15th:
National Everything You Think Is Wrong Day
Why National Napping Day
Sometimes we call it a day after the return of daylight savings day. On this day, we remember the importance of a nap again. More than anything, who doesn’t want a little nap after some busy work or even after lunch in the afternoon? Everyone has experienced it. Everyone loves it. But now the whole world is running in the rat race. Everyone thinks, “if only I had a little more time!”. And what they do? They reduce the time for eating and sleeping. But that’s not good for health.
You need to celebrate nap day because it key to good health. If a person has a good sleep, the heart-related problem has less chance to appear. 7 to 8 hours of sleep is necessary for our health. But sometimes we have to stay awake till late at night and have to get up early morning. So we can have a momentary nap. It keeps our hearts healthy. It also heals our skin. You must have heard the term “beauty nap.”
Not only it makes us healthy, but it also keeps our mood cool. Sometimes we become sad or agitated after seeing some repulsive action. It irritates us. But if take a short nap, it will calm our mind. We feel anew after waking up from a nap.
In our busy activity, we feel bored and exhausted. Take a little nap for a half-hour; it will boost our energy. Then we regain our will to work. It gives us a sweet excuse to relax for a while. It’s not necessary to sleep like a rock. But closing our eyes in a dark room, keeping our head on a soft pillow, and resting our body on the bed, it doesn’t hurt, and it feels good. For just some moment only, we feel relaxed and rejuvenated to work at full strength.
How Can We Observe National Napping Day
From the title, you can guess how we are going to celebrate napping day. But we take naps every day. So let’s make this day special. Here you can follow these steps to observe napping day.
- Take a moment of a nap. Now complete your important works immediately. Do not slack off in the meantime. Now keep your phone silent. Even turn off vibrating mode and alarm. It’s tough to keep our phone aside because we may have important, urgent calls to attend to or emergency notice from the workplace. Everyone is crazy over social media notifications. But you have to bear it and keep your phone aside. Then go to bed wearing a comfortable dress.
- Relax your mind. It’s not easy to fall asleep quickly. If you want to, even if your body wants to, your brain won’t stop thinking about crazy things and being busy. You can listen to a smooth, soothing lullaby. It’s a great way to calm your mind, which will make you fall asleep in a short time.
- Share on social media. Do not even think about this social media thing that exists, and do not hesitate to keep your phone aside. After having a comfortable nap, now take your phone. Take a photo of yourself after waking up from the napping. Share what helped you to fall asleep in such a short moment, how it was before taking a nap, and how you feel after having a good nap on social media pages. Do not forget to add the hashtag #NationalNappingDat, #NapDay.
Interesting Facts On National Napping Day:
Do you know taking a momentary nap is continued from ancient ages? Well here are some interesting facts which will surely make you more enthusiastic to celebrate this day.
- In the ancient ages of Greek, in 700 BC, they used to take naps in the day when the weather was very hot.
- Napoleon Bonaparte was known for his habit of taking a short nap on his horse before going to war.
- In 27 BC, ancient doctors of Rome used to recommend napping as part of medicine.
- In 601 AD, in the history of Arabia, napping was recognized as a ritual.
- Now in the current century, the people of Spain take naps in the afternoon actively as “siesta.”
History Of National Napping Day:
A Ph.D. professor named William Anthony of Boston University and his wife named Camille Anthony commenced that day as National Napping Day in 1999 to remind us how lack of sleep is deteriorating our health and why we should take naps our body needs it. They made us realize that nap is necessary for growing healthy. When we do not sleep as’s required, we lose some vital energy of our body. Taking some naps may recover it. When the hour changes from day to night, we are already tired of our work mentally and physically. That is the most crucial time for us to take a nap. To replenish the energy in our body, we should not hesitate to spend some time napping, and Anthony’s family gave us a way to celebrate it.