National Online Bank Day
National Online Bank Day:
National Online Bank Day is a celebration of the various benefits offered by the banks online and is observed on the second Monday in the month of October every year.
|2021||11th October||Monday||United States|
|2022||10th October||Monday||United States|
|2023||9th October||Monday||United States|
Why National Online Bank Day?
With the world moving towards online for all their needs, banking is not to be left behind. Today every business and also every bank has a presence online. Thanks to online banking, we don’t have to stand in queues or wait for days to get the money in our accounts. From money transfers to paying bills, from insurance to investments, everything is being taken care of by online banking. The benefits offered by online banking are humungous, and the National Online Bank day is a celebration of these benefits from banks to customers online.
How can we celebrate National Online Bank Day:
On the occasion of the National Online Bank Day, let us appreciate the convenience and the comfort offered by the banks through their various online services. Here are some benefits you can reap as a customer of online banking listed out of you.
- The fee structures offered over online banking are normally lesser, and the interest rates are quite competitive too.
- There is no need for standing in queues or waiting for your turn to deposit or withdraw money or to transfer funds anymore.
- Thanks to online banking, there is holiday whatsoever to worry about when making your transactions.
- The transactions can be made from anywhere, from home or office, from the local train or in your car, on the go from mobile phones as well.
- The balances and your investments are available for you to view on any day from anywhere.
- You can get a bank statement at any time you want from anywhere.
- There is less paperwork involved which is also an added benefit to our environment.
- Furthermore, there are lesser branches in operation which means lesser emissions of gas through transportation, adding to the health of the environment.
If you have not already started using online banking, then this National Online Bank Day, you can start using online banking facilities. Check with your bank and start logging into your bank account online with ease.
You can also share your online banking experience with your friends Using this hashtags #NationalOnlineBankDay and #OnlineBankDay on social media to honor National Online bank day.
Interesting facts about National Online Bank Day:
With the evolving world of technology and revolutionary solutions, it is prudent to shift to online banking, which offers practical solutions for managing personal and business finances. On this National Online Bank Day, let us get to know some interesting facts on online banking and how it came into existence.
- Online banking started out as banking on the phone initially.
- The first time banking without visiting the bank came into existence was in the 1980s. It was a banking over phone facility when the internet was more of a luxury than a commodity.
- Wells Fargo was the first of the banks to offer internet banking in the year 1995. They had their website out in 1994 and, based on customer feedback, started offering balances online for viewing.
- By the year 2010, most of the major banking institutions had online banking services. And now we have not just banking but also insurance and investment services combined into it.
- India tops the list of mobile banking users, with Sweden in second place.
With digital technology evolving every day, banking services are evolving to provide more services to customers online.
History of National Online Bank Day:
While the online banking services started off in the early 1980s, the actual declaration of the National Online Bank Day happened in 2015. It was Ally Bank of USA, which first declared the Online Bank Day to honor their 1 millionth consumer. Later the second Monday every October was declared as a national Online Bank Holiday. With an easy way to monitor your transactions at any time you want and from anywhere you want, online banking has facilitated banking an easy way for everyone. Now we check the online abilities of a bank before even opening an account with it.
It is therefore apt to celebrate the benefits offered by the online banking facilities on National Online Bank Day.