National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day:
Celebrated on April 2nd every year. During the Year 1903, Straub, a doctor invented the machine which consisted the same pattern created by Kellog. Thus Peanut butter was introduced.
|2018||2nd April||Monday||United States|
|2019||2nd April||Tuesday||United States|
|2020||2nd April||Thursday||United States|
National Ferret Day is also celebrated on April 2nd.
Why Peanut Butter and Jelly Day?
Peanut butter and jelly is closely associated with Americans .it’s a staple food for generations. It can be eaten raw and also can be used in different recipes as well. Peanut butter is used by almost all American families. Normally peanut butter has different varieties we can either use the Chunky one or the creamy one and are made up of dry roasted peanuts.
Peanut is planted in spring and harvested in August to October.The Peanuts are dried, shelled, and had gone through a various screening process to check for contamination.It is further roasted, cooled, blanched using heat and water and grinded by separating the peanut oil from the Peanut solids, Packed, sealed and finally to us making our day more awesome. Vegetarians consume more Peanut butter Sandwich when compared with Non-Vegetarians.
How we can Celebrate or Observe National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day:
Let us celebrate this day by baking Peanut butter cookies. Post your recipes with pictures in the Hashtag
#PeanutButterAndJellyDay on Twitter
Interesting Facts About National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day:
Peanut butter is rich in calcium, Potassium, Protein and monounsaturated fat along with Vitamin E and B6.It has abundant Protein and does not have any cholesterol. Approximately, about 600 peanuts are patented to make a 10-ounce peanut butter.
A hundred grams of Peanut butter has 588 calories in it. salt and emulsifiers are the other ingredients added to taste better. The leading exporter of Peanut butter is America consuming 800 million dollars of peanut butter per year. Surprisingly, the peanut butter was used as a remedy for dental problems during the first century.
As per the United States food regulations directed, No artificial chemicals should be added in any of the brands. Moreover, there are different varieties of Jelly like grape, strawberry, cherry which adds more taste when had along with Peanut butter Sandwich.Around 1500 Peanut butter jelly Sandwiches were consumed by an American student in average.
A 100 gram of Peanut butter composed of 50%, 25%, 20% of fat, Protein, carbohydrates respectively while the rest 2 % is of water.
People sensitive to Peanut Can be affected by Anaphylaxis, a serious allergic reaction which may lead to Vomiting, Swelling, low blood pressure and sometimes even leads to death.
History of National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day :
- The early Peanut butter used in around 1000BC was not creamy as now how the peanut butter is.
- First of all, this was considered as an animal food until 1800.Later it becomes the food item almost in the 20th Century
- In the year 1884, Edson has processed this peanut butter paste.He used Heating Mechanism and roasted the peanut and grinded it further to make a creamy paste.
- In 1895, Kellog, a famous food specialist and Cereal maker used a patent and processed the Peanut.Thus Obtained a Pattern to make the tasty peanut butter
- During the Year 1903, Straub, a doctor invented the machine which consisted the same pattern created by kellog. Thus Peanut butter was introduced
- Later in 1922, Joseph Rosefield made a patent to separate oil from the peanut solid and sold the patent to a company. He Himself also started a company named “Rosefield packaging” and supplied to the customers.Thus Rosefield has become solely responsible for the tasty Peanut butter.