National PrepareAthon! Day:
National PrepareAthon! Day is an amazing day set on the 30th Of April and was established to remind people that crises can happen at any time, which is why preparation is crucial at all times.
Why National PrepareAthon! Day:
The National PrepareAthon! Day prepares us for natural calamities like floods, tsunami, earthquakes, and even wildfire among other potential dangers. These decisions require that we make life-altering decisions without preparation, hence the need for the National PrepareAthon! Day. As such, it is critical that we have emergency plans put in place should there be an unexpected need to change things for yourself and your family.
The National PrepareAthon! Day provides everyone with the infrastructure (tools and resources alike), for people with the intention of helping them prepare themselves on the off chance that disaster finally comes. Regardless of their size, community members take pleasure in getting engaged in the National PrepareAthon! Day all in the spirit of helping in keeping the crisis from turning into something that cannot be managed. They are also inspired by the desire to keep crises from offsetting the lives of the citizens. In as much as emergency resources provided by the government may not be adequate, community members are open to supporting. While some of the citizens come forward to aid the supply chain, others actively coordinate with medical experts. During the entire process of preparing for the National PrepareAthon! Day, it is imperative to maintain active communication towards the achievement of a successful plan. This is because having a plan always makes the actual day of execution easy and manageable for everyone.
How can we celebrate National PrepareAthon! Day:
You can celebrate National PrepareAthon! Day by doing any of the following activities, or all:
- Appreciating and recognizing emergency responders
The most important way of observing National PrepareAthon! Day is to appreciate and recognize all the emergency personnel in your life as well as those around you with a specific focus on the ones that are actively involved in helping people during calamity. This will go a long way in ensuring that their efforts are noticed and that they are part of a very important movement in crises history. You can also gift the involved emergency responders or treat some of them out depending on your relationship with them.
- Encouraging more people to pursue their dreams in emergency response
In case you have friends that are struggling with the decision on what career choice to make, encourage them, especially if they are inclined to emergency services and respond but are afraid of what the future holds. In doing so, you will have observed the National PrepareAthon! Day! while at the same time ascertaining that the movement becomes eternal.
- Post on social media
Posting on social media is also a way of celebrating this day as it will reach a very wide audience. To do this, use the #NationalPrepareAthon!Day handle and thus create awareness of the level of importance that this day holds. Posting on social media will inform a global audience, and therefore inspire citizens and populations to prepare for the event of a calamity.
Interesting facts about National PrepareAthon! Day:
Some of the most interesting facts about the National PrepareAthon! Day includes:-
- The National PrepareAthon! Day also forms part of the preparedness initiative set in motion by the former president of the United States, Barrack Obama.
- The national PrepareAthon! Day is set on 30th to serve as a reminder that crises do happen at the least expected moments, hence the need to be prepared at all times.
- The National PrepareAthon! Day for Americans serves as a grassroots campaign to maximize the level of preparedness that members of the community have. It also helps them foster resilience.
- Among the crises to prepare for include earthquakes, floods, and hurricanes, tornados, and wildfire, and winter storms among others.
- This day is not isolated for adults only; it is to be observed by children and adults alike, as well as by institutions of all settings.
History of National PrepareAthon! Day:
The history of the National PrepareAthon! Day goes back to 2014 when The White House in America came forward to announce that the first National PrepareAthon! Day would henceforth become a significant part of the preparedness initiative for the United States Former President, Barrack Obama.