National Prom Day:
National Prom Day is celebrated on 31st March every year to mark the milestone event in every teen’s life filled with friendship, joy, memories, and excitement. This day aims to build a community that helps raise confidence and empowerment among young adults.
|2022||31st March||Thursday||United States|
|2023||31st March||Friday||United States|
|2024||31st March||Saturday||United States|
Why National Prom Day?
A prom is an event marked in several traditions attached to fond memories, fun, and history. It is a special event in everyone’s life filled with friendship, fashion, and enjoyment. Many generations had gone to prom, including our grandparents, parents, family, and friends when they were in high school. The styles, traditions, and ways of celebration have certainly changed over the years.
Sometimes, this event also brings issues like safety, insecurity, and peer pressure. These are common issues for teenagers these days. There can be multiple reasons for facing such problems. However, to raise awareness and empower the young adults, the National Prom Day was founded.
In 2016, during its first year, National Prom Day supported SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions). The values of this organization are common to those of the National Prom Day. It is also known for educating young people. The main focus of SADD is traffic safety. But they have also included suicide, depression, substance abuse, violence, bullying, and body image, etc., to their mission for this day over the years.
The Prom Girl is working on developing strategic alliances with organizations that share a common thought on the subject and work on spreading awareness. It strikes to generate a positive effect and make lives better by partnering with organizations that work on similar projects. It encourages people of all age to post the picture of their prom to celebrate the occasion and its history. If no picture is available, then any image that portrays confidence can be posted, and people who empower you to be who you are can be tagged to boost the self-assurance of the youth.
They envision celebrating individuality and the energy of the young people through social media on this Day. Prom girl also donates a portion of its income that comes from the sale of dresses on 31st March to such organizations for the welfare of the young people. It has also come up with the Garden of Dreams Foundation to help teens facing obstacles and enjoy their prom night to the fullest. They provide prom dresses to all the girls attending this event for free to make it even more special.
The main motive of celebrating the National Prom Day is to build a community that imparts confidence and empowers the young adults of today’s world. It understands the importance of positive influence and safety in the lives of people at this age. It also supports the children in need by making donations to the organizations working toward making a difference in such a field. They provide the necessary guidance and motivation to the teens to overcome their insecurities and fears to be confident and safe.
How Can We Celebrate National Prom Day?
Some fun ways in which National Prom Day can be celebrated are as follows-
- On this day, everyone is encouraged to post their prom day photos.
- If you are an adult, post a throwback picture of your prom from years ago.
- Use the hashtag #NationalPromDay for posting images on social media.
- Inspire people around you by posting an image that celebrates confidence. Tag @promgirlxo and people that empower you.
- Buy a dress from Prom girl on 31st March from their special sale. And become a part of the donation that goes for a good cause.
Interesting Facts on National Prom Day
Some interesting facts about this day are mentioned below-
- Prom Girl organizes the Garden of Dreams Prom event every year for 100 teens at Madison Square Garden, NYC.
- These 100 teens are from the hospital, partner community, and make-a-wish organization.
- On March 19th, they hosted an event where they provide free prom dresses to the 50 girls attending the Garden of Dreams prom.
- Garden of Dreams Foundation works on helping the children facing obstacles.
- PGQueens Program’s five style influencers from across the US came forward to raise awareness for this foundation.
- Prom Girl and Prom Guy stores organize a sale on 31st March for National Prom Day.
- Prom Girl Prom Guy makes a special donation for every dress bought on National Prom Day to organizations that make a difference in young people’s lives.
History of National Prom Day
National Prom Day was founded by Prom Girl, which is the largest online retailer of prom dresses and special occasion dresses for teenagers. It was first celebrated in the year 2016 when the registrar approved it at National Day Calendar. Since then, it is celebrated annually on 31st March. It aims to build a community that celebrates inner beauty and imparts confidence, individuality, and empowerment in young adults around the world.