National Strawberries and Cream Day:
Celebrated every year on the 21st of May, this day is celebrated to elevate the sweet and creamy blend of strawberries with cream.
|2023||21st May||Sunday||United States|
|2024||21st May||Tuesday||United States|
|2025||21st May||Wednesday||United States|
Related: Other National Days Celebrated on May 21st:
Why National Strawberries And Cream Day?
There is no reason why you shouldn’t celebrate a day dedicated to this wonderful and juicy fruit and this day is another excuse to make the best out of strawberries. The strawberries are sweet with a slight tartness to the flavor and are in season at this time of the year. When paired with the sour and clotted cream, they are a match to die for. That is not the only reason for celebrating this beautiful and well-balanced food. The berries are known for their medicinal properties like improving immunity, optimizing blood pressure, etc.
Another factor to consider is the fact that this season is perfect for the ripe strawberries and it is the perfect time to enjoy them. It is a way to promote seasonal eating habits and enjoy seasonal fruits, at the right time. It is always to buy the local produce and that is why you should buy them in season. A celebration of this day gives you a reason to buy these strawberries while also indulging in a beautiful dessert.
Strawberries have an abundance of vitamin C which makes them the perfect fruit to enjoy in summer. They bring a smile and an instant release of endorphins making you happy instantly as you snack on them. This is another reason why you should celebrate them with the perfect cream partner.
How can we celebrate National Strawberries And Cream Day?
- Nothing beats a celebration of a dessert, like having it on this day. And this dessert is easy to make and can be had any time of the day. There are of course multiple variations of this dessert available. You can add some granola with strawberry and cream, top it with chocolate sauce and make it even more exciting. If you love to experiment, you can add layers of the fruit with cream and pastry and make it a wholesome dish.
- Strawberries have an ancient history to their credit and on this day, you can brush up your knowledge about the fruit. You would be surprised by the different stories associated with the origin of this dish and this is a good day to learn about them and enjoy these tidbits.
- Strawberries are a versatile fruit and are used in multiple ways in different dishes. They are used for making jams, preserves, and much more. This is the day for you to know how these berries can be used to satiate the sweet tooth in you and your best choice.
Share your thoughts, recipes, ideas, and much more about strawberries, their partnership with cream with the world on this day using #NationalStrawberriesAndCreamDay. This would help in spreading awareness about this dish and the day.
Interesting facts about National Strawberries And Cream Day:
Strawberries are known for their sweetness and rich flavor. But they also have a rich history and many unique facts about them.
- Strawberry is the only fruit to have the seeds outside. There are nearly 200 seeds present in every strawberry and each of them can be used to breed a different variety of strawberries, with more than 600 variants in the world.
- You can say that the strawberries bring in the spring season. They are the first among the fruits to ripen as we step into spring, reminding us of the oncoming weather.
- The rich nitrate content in strawberries can make your workout the best one. Studies indicate that people who eat nitrate-rich food burn an additional 100 calories as they work out.
- The acids present in strawberries can clean your teeth, giving you the perfect smile. It whitens your teeth and the happiness in consuming them need not stay hidden.
History of National Strawberries And Cream Day:
We do not have sufficient information with regards to the origins of this day or who initiated the celebration. However, we do know that the history of strawberries can be traced back to the Roman Empire, who believed that this is a medicinal miracle fruit and used it for curing many ailments including bad breath, liver and spleen diseases, kidney stones, etc. The dish itself comprising of the tasty berries and cream can be credited to Cardinal Thomas Wolsey, who was a confidant to the then King Henry VIII.