National Talk in an Elevator Day
National Talk in an Elevator Day:
Encouraging people to converse with one another, in the elevator, we celebrate National Talk In An Elevator Day on the last Friday of July every year.
|2022||29th July||Friday||United States|
|2023||28th July||Friday||United States|
|2024||26th July||Friday||United States|
Why National Talk In An Elevator Day?
With smart devices overtaking our everyday lives, we are constantly losing touch with real-world conversations. And this day is to remind us that there is more to life than the smartphone or device in our hands. It is important to hold a discussion and make new acquaintances and this day is an opportunity to do so.
From the time they were invented, elevators have advanced so much over years. Thanks to the advancement in technology, we can now ride the elevators without worrying about any risk. It not only conserves energy but also helps in saving time. It is the perfect place to open a discussion with someone you don’t know.
It is important to build a social network, not just over the phone and the internet but also in person. This day gives you the chance to build a new relationship, learn about new people, and build a network.
Another factor to consider is that with elevators we can reach new places literally. With the invention, we achieved a true breakthrough and realized new opportunities. Metaphorically speaking, it is time to reach newer heights in our lives and to build new relationships. It is therefore the best place to start building a friendship with someone new. The elevators have already inspired scientists to look at a possible elevator to reach space, without having to use rockets. The place is an inspiration in many ways and talking in the elevator is one way to elevate their presence in our lives.
How can we celebrate National Talk In An Elevator Day?
- The best way to enjoy this day is to start talking with someone in the elevator on this day. Whether it is in your residence or at your office premises, you can use this day as a chance to speak to someone you do not know beforehand in the elevator and strike up a conversation. You can even mention that this day is meant for talking to someone in the elevator.
- You do not have to only think about talking in the elevator. You can even make up fun games to play in the elevator. It could be very simple word games or choosing a topic and stating some facts that you know about it with the other person. It will make way for a great exchange of information between each other while also living up to the expectation of the day.
- If you find it awkward or embarrassing to talk to a stranger in the elevator, then you can use this day to give a smile to a person in the elevator. As you know, a smile can make any transaction smooth and this is the day to offer a smile to someone in the elevator.
Share your experience of striking a conversation with someone in the elevator and how it turned out with the hashtag #NationalTalkInAnElevatorDay on your social media to create awareness of this day.
Interesting facts about National Talk In An Elevator Day:
Having been in existence since 200 BC, elevators have undergone massive changes over years, with changing technology, we bring some interesting facts about elevators.
- As per the estimates, elevators are found to be safer than driving in cars. Statistics say 26 people die on average in an elevator annually against 26 people dying in car accidents in an hour.
- Elevators literally carry the entire world. In just three days, elevators across the world carry a count of people matching the world population.
- The button used for closing the elevator is not used for anything and it is placed merely as a placebo for keeping the peace of mind of people in it.
- People used to believe that they can experience vertical sickness as we are moving vertically. But this is not true.
- The music in the elevator was introduced initially to alleviate the fears of the people traveling in them.
History of National Talk In An Elevator Day:
We do not have information on who or what initiated the celebration of this day as yet. But it is a day that encourages us to make new friends and build a new network of acquaintances.