National Tile Day:
The National Tile Day comes on the 23rd of February and marks the commemoration of the tiles, which are never-useful integration of architecture as well as design.
Related: Other National Days Celebrated on February 23rd:
Why National Tile Day?
From the unobtrusive to the grand, tile ends up being versatile and appealing. Verifiably, just the affluent could bear the cost of having tiles fitted in the floors of their homes or walls of their bathrooms. The cost of high quality or little cluster creation implied tiles were hard for the conventional individual to get or set up as part of their building architecture. With the appearance of the mechanical insurgency, tiles have turned out to be more affordable as well as the designs and highlights extended with the innovation. Wonderful tile discovers its way into each room of the home, open-air spaces, business, and mechanical structures by giving a boundless number of styles through shading, surface, and measurement. The sturdiness and energy effectiveness of tile adds esteem, and no material is more maintainable or has lower upkeep costs.
All throughout the building and construction arena, tiles serve for a wide array of functions, uncovering the fact that they are both durable and flexible.
How can we celebrate National Tile Day:
Some of the ways through which we can observe the National Tile Day include but are not limited to the following:-
- Appreciating your builder
You can observe the National Tile Day by recognizing the remarkable work of the person that installed tiles in your home or building. Do this by letting them know how their wonderful craftsmanship has made your building look more beautiful and clean.
- Replace your building tiles
You can also choose to observe this day by replacing the old tiles in your home with new ones and of different colors and designs. This will stand out in marking this day for what it really is, and thereby ensure that the significance of the day upholds timelessly.
- Post on social media
You can also observe this wonderful day by posting on social media using the handle #NationalTileDay and sharing this across your following on different social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Sharing your experience with friends and colleagues
You can also choose to observe the National Tile Day by sharing with friends colleagues about the design as well as the architecture of the tiles in your home or in your office. Alternatively, take the time to discuss some of the ways that tiles have made your house more appealing and how long they have served you.
Interesting facts about National Tile Day:
Some of the most interesting facts about the National Tile Day include but are not limited to the following:-
- The National Tile Day serves to observe the ways in which tiles add value to our lives, particularly for when it concerns making our residential, as well as commercial spaces, look beautiful.
- The National Tile Day was officially declared by the National Day Calendar, setting it for commemoration on the 23rd day of every February.
- The day is also a celebration of design as it applies to the field of architecture.
- Tiles are celebrated for being timeless. This means that they are very durable and flexible. Flexibility means that they can be replaced at any time without interfering with the integrity of the house
- Contrary to what was in the past, tiles are now a very affordable commodity and can be found in the buildings of those with moderate financial standings just as much as they can be found in the houses of those with high financial standings.
- National Tile Day is founded upon the need to commemorate and appreciate the many wonderful advantages that tile confers from the moment they are first installed in the building.
History of National Tile Day:
The National Tile Day first started in 2017, as founded by Coverings, who is the world’s biggest international tile and stone show company located in the North American part of the world. The day was categorically coined to highlight the many ways through which tiles are beneficial to both the residential as well as commercial building spaces. Tiles play an unending role one fitted on the floors or the walls of the house and play a beautifying purpose when building design is concerned.