National Vanilla Milkshake Day
National Vanilla Milkshake Day:
Celebrated on June 20th, every year. The Day is celebrated to enjoy the existence of delicious Vanilla milkshake.
|2023||20th June||Tuesday||United States|
|2024||20th June||Thursday||United States|
|2025||20th June||Friday||United States|
Related: Other National Days Celebrated on June 20th:
Why Vanilla Milkshake Day?
The National Vanilla milkshake Day is celebrated to enjoy the existence of delicious Vanilla milkshake. Despite many extracts, we prefer Vanilla basically. Prominently most of the kids choose Vanilla after chocolate. Milkshake has become a predominant drink in the United States especially during the summer days to battle against the hotness.
Milkshakes provide us a vibrant coolness to cope with the summer. Surprisingly, milkshake was introduced as an alcoholic beverage consisting of eggs and whisky primarily and now trended as a pure non alcoholic beverage. Rather, the transformation has won many hearts. What we need more than a Vanilla milkshake in a y shaped glass!
How we can Celebrate National Vanilla Milkshake Day:
Use this hashtag #VanillaMilkshake to post regarding the benefits of milkshake and any different method of recipes.
The widely used and simple recipe is,
Step 1: Take a glass and add two cups of Milk and add five tablespoon of sugar and mix well until the sugar gets melted in the milk. You can prefer sweeteners instead of sugar. Add a teaspoon of Vanilla extract or concentrated Vanilla syrup. you can get it from any Malt shop or grocery stores. stir it well till the syrup mixes well with the milk and becomes frothy.
Step 2: Add two scoops of Vanilla ice cream and mix well.
Step 3: Blend it using an electric blender until it becomes Creamy. You can add thickening agents if you want more thick and Creamy.
Step 4: Top it with the whipped cream and serve.
Interesting Facts About Vanilla Milkshake Day:
- The general Milkshakes were introduced in the year 1885, and it prominently comprised of whisky and egg and perhaps used as a tonic to recover from ill-health. By the year 1900, the milkshakes were prepared with non-alcoholic beverages commonly with vanilla, strawberry, chocolate concentrate or syrups. After almost three decades, it has become a popular drink in all parts of the North America and the United Kingdom.
- Due to its richness in health perspectives, It is considered as a healthy drink. Vanilla milkshake has abundance of proteins, all forms of fats, vitamins and calcium. Each 100 ml of Vanilla milkshake comprises of 112 calories including 18 to 27mg of carbohydrates,3 to 9mgof fats, protein 3.5 mg,10 percent of vitamin and 13 percent of calcium.
- Earlier, milkshake drinks were made by hand by crushing ice and mixing with sugar, Milk and concentrated flavors. After the introduction of electric blender by Steven Poplawski during 1922, the preparation methods were completely changed to a new form which has led to a modern whipped and frothy milkshake.
- Ivar pop coulson, an employee of Walgreen, a popular chain drugstore in the United States had mixed two scoops of Vanilla ice cream in the malted milk and featured it as Horlicks malted milk. Thus, it has finally become the popular drink, Malt.
- After the emergence of automation in the ice cream making, the preparation methods of milkshake had become easier. An automaticmultimixer was invented by Earl Prince in the year 1936, that has made the first ever dispenser which could dispense 5 different flavors of milkshakes at once. However, the method of hand blending for the preparation still continues in some of the Malt shops.
- Premade bottled milkshake is available in grocery stores in almost all parts of the north America and the United Kingdom in which concentrated extract or syrup, milk, sugar or sweeteners, thickening agents are used as ingredients.
- In 1930, The term called “frosted” is used to refer milkshake by most of the newspapers during its initial introduction and the name continues over a decade. In addition, it was also termed as “White Cow” in the United States. The milkshake in a “y” shaped glass was very popular right from the year 1950 and served by most of the restaurants and Malt shops. Moreover, even after the invention ofstainless steel electric milkshake machine, the hand blending method was preferred by the old aged restaurants.
- In 2006, the Milkshakes developed by U.S Agricultural research service consisted of only half the amount of sweeteners and further lowered the fat by 10 percent and has become a better replacement for junk food.
History of Vanilla Milkshake Day:
The creator of this day is unknown.