National Chicken Lady Day:
Celebrated on November 4th every year:
|2019||November 4th||Monday||United States|
|2020||November 4th||Wednesday||United States|
|2021||November 4th||Thursday||United States|
Why National Chicken Lady Day?
National Chicken Lady Day is celebrated to honor and recognize Dr.Marthenia Tina Dupree, a motivational speaker who worked hard for the development of education in her community.
Dr. MartheniaTINA Dupree is an internationally renowned speaker, author, trainer, and consultant. She is known as ‘The Chicken Lady” because of 12 years experience as Director of Community Relations and Training for a major fast-food chicken restaurant chain.
How to celebrate National Chicken Lady Day?
- Post information and achievement of Dr. Marthenia Dupree on social media using the hashtag #NationalChickenLadyDay.
- Buy one of her books and read it and get inspired on this National Chicken Lady Day.
- Watch her inspiring speeches on Youtube.
- Take inspiration from her books and work hard to invest and improve yourself.
- Try to inspire others positively like the ‘Chicken Lady’.
Interesting Facts on National Chicken Lady Day:
Life of Marthenia Dupree:
- In the 1960s she was a maid following the footsteps of her mother and grandmother.
- In 1979 she entered college for the first time for public speaking class. She was identified as a natural speaker by her teachers.
- In the 1980s she joined the famous chicken restaurant chain as a corporate trainer and community spokesperson. Due to her popularity, she was fondly called “The Chicken Lady”
- Later she resigned from her position and started a Motivational Training Centre (LLC). But the fast-food restaurant chain retained her as their spokesperson.
- In 2001 she was invited to the Oval Office to meet President Bush to talk about Educational Reforms.
She is an excellent one-on-one speaker coach and has helped more than 200 authors get their books written and published. She has also trained and certified more than 200 professional speakers through LLC.
She has written four books namely, Its time to Invest in Yourself, Hot T.I.P.S on public Speaking, Room To Grow: The Doorway to Achieving your True Potential and How to Speak Locally and Get Paid.
She offers quality workshops and seminars designed for small and large organizations, educational institutions and churches.
Her efforts to raise the educational standard in her community got her an invitation from then-President Bush in the Oval Office.
She teaches Public speaking and a few business courses at Miami Dade College.
She gives monthly radio speeches for the Afrocentric community.
She hosted a popular TV show “Speak for Success” for two years which had over two million viewers.
She is also a columnist for the South Florida Business News since 1999.
Her motto is “You’ve invested countless dollars and time in other things. Now its time to invest in Yourself.”
She has received more than 500 awards for her community services and also has been written in more than 75 newspapers and magazines.
History of National Chicken Lady Day:
Though President Bush did not officially announce the celebration of National Chicken Lady Day, it was after her meet with President Bush the celebration of this day started.