National Eat a Red Apple Day:
Celebrated on December 1st every year. The day is to celebrate another nature’s precious gift, “Red Apple”
|2018||1st December||Saturday||United States|
|2019||1st December||Sunday||United States|
|2020||1st December||Tuesday||United States|
Why Eat a Red Apple Day?
National Eat a Red Apple Day is to celebrate another nature’s precious gift, “Red Apple”. Reported to be originated in Central Asia, Apples have been cultivated for more than thousands of years in continents prominently in Europe and Asia. It is introduced to North America during the British colonism. Apart from this, Apple is a part in many cultures like Greek , Norse and European Christian traditions.
How we can Celebrate National Eat a Red Apple Day:
Enjoy the day with Red Apple. Explore more about the goodness of Red Apple and share it using this hashtag #EatRedAppleDay on the social media. Try a different apple recipe. You can try a recipe like Apple jam with simply apple skin.
Apple Jam recipe:
Step 1: After eating the apple, do not throw the peeled skin. Just keep aside.
Step 2: Take half cup of sugar and keep it aside.
Step 3: Take a saucepan, pour a cup of water and let it boil.
Step 4: Add apple skin and stir it well.
Step 5: Boil it for at least five minutes on high flames. Switch off.
Step 6: Drain the Apple skin and keep the water. You can now throw the apple skin.
Step 7: Now again switch on the stove and heat the water (apple) until it becomes warm.
Step 8: add sugar and stir it well. Sugar slowly dissolves in the water.
Step 9: Stir it well until it becomes thick.
Step 10: Store it in a tight container and you can refrigerate. Use it within a week.
Have a nice day.
Interesting Facts About Eat a Red Apple Day:
- Apple seeds contains cyanogenic glycoside, a cyanide compound. Besides, it contains a sugar compound called amygdalin.Despite no cases of any adverse effects on Human beings were evident, it is not recommended for consumption.
- Generally, Red Apple is eaten raw. Red Apple is mainly used in production of jellies and Jams and in dessert fillings, medicines, sweets, fruit juices and milk drinks.
- In the United States, caramel apples and candy apples those are coated with caramel and sugar syrup respectively are very famous. It can also be also coated with raw honey.
- From Apples, Apple seed oil and pectin are being produced and apple is a main ingredients in desserts like apple crumble, apple pie, apple cake, apple crisp, apple butter, apple jelly and alcohol.
- Apples are milled and variants of Apple Juices are produced. Later Apple juice can be fermented and used in several alcoholic beverages.
- Apples for Commercial business can be stored in controlled atmosphere chambers to avoid ripening. Apples are commonly stored in chambers with higher concentrations of carbon dioxide and high air filtration. By this formula, it can be store for some months since it balances the ethylene level so that it will not be ripened quickly.
- Apple improves neurological health. The presence of an Antioxidant called quercetin prevents neurological diseases. Moreover, it protects neuron cells. Depletion of neuron cells may leads to dementia.
- Researchers noted apples as a “Miracle Fruit”. It regulates cholesterol level, lowers diabetes risks.
- Apple has some nutrients like Vitamin C, riboflavin, thiamin, and vitamin B-6, Dietary fiber, Phytonutrients and minerals like phosphorous, potassium and calcium that are inevitable. Hence it is termed as a “house of nutrients”.
History of Eat a Red Apple Day:
The origin of this day is not found within our research.