National Make Up Your Mind Day
Celebrated on December 31st every year. The day is observed to remind people to ‘make up their minds’ and stick to it.
|2019||December 31st||Tuesday||United States|
|2020||December 31st||Thursday||United States|
|2021||December 31st||Friday||United States|
Why Make up Your Mind Day?
National Make up Your Mind Day is observed to remind people to ‘make up their minds’ and stick to it. It reminds us not to be indecisive in life and make up our minds. It’s the day to finalize our thoughts and take a stand on any particular issue. It is one of the most important days as most people are unsuccessful or lag behind others in this fast-moving world due to their indecisive nature. This day remindsto make up your mind, and make life much easier,and happier this New Year.
How to celebrate National Make up Your Mind Day?
- Post on social media about ‘Making up your Mind’ using hashtag #NationalMakeupYourMindDay.
- The best way to celebrate this day is to make up your mind to ‘Make up Your Mind’ this New Year. It means to take a strong decision today to be decisive in the years to come.
- Indecisive people can practice to become more decisive and stick with their decisions on this National Make up Your Mind Day. It can start with a small issue like ordering what to eat in the restaurant swiftly, and sticking with it. Or choosing a dress to wear for a party and sticking firmly to it no matter what. This would help them to take the first step in becoming a more decisive person.
- A high school student can decide on his career, and thus the course needed to take up, to achieve the goals and ambitions. He can also list out the names of a few colleges offering the courses, and it would be the first step of planning the future career.
- A working person who wants to get a better job or a promotion in the current job can take immediate decision to attend online classes or any courses to improvise and become more eligible for the job or promotion longing for. He can decide to change his attitude or behavior if needed for the job.
- A busy corporate businessman is always very decisive on business matters. But when it comes to family and friends,he is a bit indecisive. So today is the right day to decide to spend time with family and friends once in a while and keep away from the busy schedule. Hangover with friends and family and promise to spend more time with them.
- A heartbroken, pessimistic person can ‘Make up his Mind’ to be happy. Happiness is always the root cause of success. So ultimately every person needs to ‘Make up his Mind to be Happy’ on this National Make up Your Mind Day. Few ideas to be happy:
- Steering thoughts more towards positivity and moving away from negative, anxious and fearful thoughts that hover in the mind.
- Can be done easily through regular daily meditation and breathing exercises. Affirm throughout the day to be positive and happy.
- Live every moment in life with a positive approach. It will bring a sense of joy and goodness in every situation whether good or bad.
- A happy mind is a clear mind and so can take clear decisions in life. So let’s ‘Make up your mind to be happy’ on this National Make up Your Mind Day.
Interesting facts on National Make up Your Mind Day:
Being decisive is difficult and most needed in this fast-moving world. The following steps are generally followed in decision making:
- Identifying the nature of the decision.
- Collecting relevant information.
- Identifying alternatives.
- Evaluating the alternatives and arranging according to priority.
- Choosing the best alternative(top priority).
- Taking positive action to implement the alternative chosen.
- Reviewing the decision and its consequences.
Origin of National Make up Your Mind Day is still unknown.