National Reach as High As You Can Day:
Observed on 14th of April every year, the National Reach as High as You Can Day is to remind us that our goals can be reevaluated and we can reach them when we put in our best efforts.
|2022||14th April||Thursday||United States|
|2023||14th April||Friday||United States|
|2024||14th April||Saturday||United States|
Why National Reach as High as You Can Day?
Everyone has a potential and talent to do their best in any field they choose. It is all about putting in the required efforts and of course about setting up smart goals. If you define your goals right and reevaluate them at regular intervals, and your efforts to reach them, then you would be reaching them in no time. The National Reach as High as You Can Day is a day to celebrate our own potential and to stretch ourselves to heights we have never reached before. It is a day to teach ourselves that sky is the limit when it comes to jumping high metaphorically. It is day to remind ourselves of the dream and stay on course to reach the goal, without getting deviated from your path.
How can we celebrate National Reach as High as You Can Day?
National Reach as High as You Can Day is all about reaching your goals. Your goal could be to be part of Guinness records or as simple as finishing your job on time. You don’t have to create records in order to be able to celebrate this day. You can use the simplest of the ways to observe the day and share your delightful experience with everyone. Here are a few ways you can observe this day.
- Define the goals that you want to reach in another year’s time or for even a shorter or a longer period of time. Set goals that are small, measurable and are bound by time to easily gauge your performance.
- If you already have goals set, then it is time to revisit them and check out your performance against your objectives. If required you can reset or change the course.
- You can also use this day to encourage others to set achievable goals and help them in pursuing the same.
- You can post encouraging thoughts on social media with a hashtag #NationalReachasHighasYouCanDay on your posts to remind people of the heights they can reach if they unleash their potential.
Interesting facts about National Reach as High as You Can Day:
On this day let us get to know some interesting goals set forth by people over the course of time in different places
- The resolution we make on New Year’s Day is a type of goal we set to achieve in a year’s time. Of course, the tradition of the resolution has become more of a joke with time.
- The Babylonians, like in many other traditions, were the forerunners in setting up goals. During their spring equinox festival, they resolve to stay away from debt or return borrowed equipment. They believed reaching their goals would keep them in a good place with the Gods.
- Romans were not to be left behind and they offered promises and resolutions to the God Janus who was considered as the God of beginnings.
- The geographical location of the person can have a bearing on the goals they set. Of course the semantic differences and their needs of the hour play a role.
- Most of the goals revolved around fitness, diet, getting away from bad habits, saving money, being charitable, making new friends.
- The most popular goal setting day is on the New Year when everyone makes their own resolution for the year. However studies show only about 8% actually complete their goals. And there are 30% who do not set any goals for the fear of failing to make it.
History of National Reach as High as You Can Day:
There is no specific information available on how the National Reach as High as You Can Day came into existence or who initiated the celebration or observation of such a day. Irrespective of the reason for the day, it is a day to remind us that we are capable of reaching our goals if we put in the best of the efforts. It is a day to remind us that there is no height unreachable if we put our minds to it and it is time to work towards our goals.