National Vodka Day:
On October 4, people love to have the popular beverages used in different types of mixed drinks and cocktails.
|2021||4th October||Monday||United States|
|2022||4th October||Tuesday||United States|
|2023||4th October||Wednesday||United States|
Related: Other National Days Celebrated on October 4th:
Why National Vodka Day ?
There are different types of vodkas available with various substances. And that’s why you will find a wide variety of vodkas at the liquor stores.
Vodka is a type of drink that brings some extra elegance to your house. That is why people of the United States love to celebrate this day raised in shot glasses. There are several reasons to celebrate #NationalVodkaDay. It is all about bringing happiness into life. Here are some of the popular reasons for celebration.
- Vodka is just like a blank canvas where you can make anything you want. It is odorless, tasteless, and colorless as well. Therefore, you have an excellent opportunity to make any drink you want to have. You can add different flavors and soft drinks to make it a delicious blend. If you’re going to make it a fruity drink, you can add oranges, cranberries, kiwi, etc. The add-on fruits will make you feel like paradise while having the drink. That is why people love to celebrate National Vodka Day on 4th October every year to experience different flavors and tastes by mixing them with vodka.
- Vodka is an extremely versatile drink in other ways. Whatever flavor or fruits you put into vodka, it will blend thoroughly with that and give you an excellent beverage to enjoy. Therefore, you can easily have some small vodka shots after you come back home from the office. It gives you the energy to stay active even after a hectic day at work. You may have the drink more often throughout the year, but this day is a special day for you to enjoy the deliciousness of different vodka types. That is why in the United States enjoy this day with their partners.
- It is also a special day for the liquor shops. Mostly they offer vodka at a discounted price to celebrate National Vodka Day. Therefore, you will have the opportunity to grab the discount and buy some Vodka for your home and make some excellent blends with it. You can also call your friends to a bar in the evening after your office hours. You will also have a cause with different flavors and tastes there. You can enjoy the beautiful evening with varying shots of vodka. But it would be best if you remembered that do not over drink as you have to come back home from there.
- While enjoying National Vodka Day, you must be cautious about some factors. Never drive a car or bike when you are completely drunk. Drink and drive can cause accidents. As vodka contains alcohol, never have it on an empty stomach. That will put a lot of pressure on your liver and damage it sometimes. The drink is slowly with the food to stay cautious and enjoy the deliciousness of vodka.
- Vodka is also perfect for healing wounds. It contains a high percentage of alcohol. Therefore, vodka can prevent microbial infections in the wounded area. It is always safe to dress your wounded part with vodka. It will help you recover faster. If you are suffering from a toothache, you can swish a little vodka inside your mouth for some time and then swallow it. It will give relief to your toothache. Therefore, apart from being a drink, vodka has some other useful features also. That can be an excellent reason to celebrate this special day in honor of this particular drink.
- Vodka has inebriating properties. So, you can use it in different other ways also. You can use vodka to clean the glasses of your doors and windows, keep the flowers fresh, treat the jellyfish stings, repel the bugs, make your hair shiny, and many more. But there are other products for those things. Why would you waste such an excellent drink on other things? Just have it and enjoy the burn.
How Can We Observe National Vodka Day:
There are different ways to observe National Vodka Day. Here are some of the possible and popular ways to celebrate this day.
- You can arrange a party at your home. You can invite family members, friends and your loved ones to the party. Prepare a perfect vodka drink they love most. Enjoy the beautiful night with lots of fun. The month of October seems to be the most pleasant month throughout the year. There’s neither scorching heat nor too much cold. The sky seems to be pretty clear during this time. Therefore, you can easily arrange your house party on the terrace of your house.
- If you do not like parties and all the things, then you can enjoy the day on your own. Just make a perfect cocktail blend for you & your partner, and enjoy it together by sitting on the sofa and watching a movie together in your drawing-room. Check some fantastic vodka blends on the internet and make the infusion accordingly to bring the drink’s deliciousness.
- The United States of America is famous for its unique vodka distilleries. You will find wheat vodka in Kansas. On the other side, potato-based vodka is available in Maine. Therefore, you can plan for a vodka distillery tour and try various delicious vodkas with different tastes and flavors on this special day.
Just make an advanced plan for a short trip with your friends on this day. Choose vodka distilleries that you are going to try and make the road plan according to that. Every place has its own culture and tradition, and you will find the effect of their traditional trends on their vodka blends.
- Wherever you are going or whatever you are doing to celebrate National Vodka Day, you should take photos and videos of your celebration as memories to keep. You can post them on social media platforms using the hashtags #NationalVodkaDay and #VodkaDay to share beautiful moments with your friends if you want. That will boost your friends to celebrate this day too. Not only that, but you can also gather information from your social media friends regarding the various blends and cocktails on vodka.
History of National Vodka Day:
Every special day has its own background story and history. That is the reason the celebration has started. Since 2009, people of the United States of America have been celebrating National Vodka Day on 4th October every year. The Wine Enthusiast Magazine has mentioned this day’s name in their bulletin and website based on some facts. However, researchers are still looking for proper evidence and history behind this day.
Once they find out the facts, it will be a good thing to note on the USA’s calendar. There are more than 1500 special days in the USA to celebrate throughout the year. National Vodka Day is one of them. But knowing the real history of the day will make it more valuable to the people. Hence, it is all about having some great blends and cocktails of vodka and enjoying the deliciousness of this excellent drink.