National Walk Around Things Day:
The National Walk Around Things Day comes on the 4th of April every year and is open to interpretation depending on who is considering it in a figurative or literal sense.
|2022||4th April||Monday||United States|
|2023||4th April||Tuesday||United States|
|2024||4th April||Wednesday||United States|
Why National Walk Around Things Day?
This is a special day that may be interpreted literally as a day to walk through the bushes, a puddle of water, or straight through the mud. In this regard, we assume that the things that we would normally walk past, we walk around. For instance, a ladder, instead of climbing a ladder of avoiding stepping on glass, one would simply walk around them.
Looking at this day in a figurative sense, it means walking around things as a means to avoid them. Some of the things we can walk around include problems and situations. We can also go around conversations that would lead to arguments and confrontations.
We also observe this day because it provides us an opportunity to do actual things like walking around the neighborhood, walk around the park, and even around the shopping mall. In the process of walking around, we are definitely going to encounter obstacles as well as structures that may require that we walk around if we are going to be able to continue with the walk. In the park for instance, among the structures, we are bound to encounter and walk around include fountains, swingsets, and erections such as sculptures or monuments. In the mall, we may have to walk around benches, people, and marketing posters that have been placed in the middle of the walking path. At home, we have to walk around chairs, furniture, clutter, and even laundry when we are not ready to clean up,.
How to observe National Walk Around Things Day:
Some of the ways through which we can observe this day include:
- Taking a tour around and walk around things
This is the first way through which you can observe this day involves taking the time to go around your neighborhood with the intention of exposing yourself and your loved ones to some of the beautiful things that your region has to offer. While taking this trip, be sure to also record on video so that you can share with friends and loved ones.
- Post on social media
Another way through which you can observe this day is by posting on social media with the hashtag #NationalWalkAroundThingsDay and sharing on social media platforms. Social media stands among the fastest and easiest way to reach a wide audience without spending any large amounts whatsoever. Posting on social media will put the message out that this day is indeed special and worth celebrating.
- Read about the history of the National walk around things day
You can also observe this auspicious day by going online and reading about this day and how it began. Take the time to learn some of the things that make this day special and how you can celebrate them individually and with your friends and loved ones.
Interesting facts about National Walk Around Things Day:
Some of the most interesting facts about this day include:
- National Walk Around Things Day on April 4th each year.
- The holiday is open to interpretation, with others looking at it literally, while others look at it figuratively.
- There have been people throughout history that have different perspectives on whether to walk around things and if this is ever good for our problems.
- Bonnie Hayden Cheng used this day as an inspiration for his quote that “Avoidance in terms of taking a mental break is so crucial to managing multiple responsibilities as long as it doesn’t cross over into wishful thinking”
- Bonnie carried out research into the management of multiple responsibilities in a busy world and why avoiding problems can be a good thing.
- This day reminds us that sometimes you have to pick your battles, and sometimes the best way to deal with a situation is by simply not dealing with it at all. You must be careful what you choose to walk around though, what you may be walking around isn’t the problem, but the path of wisdom!
History of National Walk Around Things Day:
The history of this day remains unknown until today. There is no one person or organization that has claimed responsibility for this day so far.