Pretend to be a Time traveler Day:
Celebrated on December 8thevery year. The Day is observed to enjoy the long-time fiction of Time traveling as if it has become reality!
|2019||December 8||Sunday||United States|
|2020||December 8||Tuesday||United States|
|2021||December 8||Wednesday||United States|
Why Pretend to be a Time traveler Day?
The Day is observed to enjoy the long-time fiction of Time traveling as if it has become reality! Traveling through time to a different age is a dream of scientists, Sci-fi enthusiasts, and historians. Just imagine how it would be to see the past which we have read about in books in reality!! It is possible only through Time traveling. Similarly looking into the future… Wouldn’t it be awesome and spectacular? Imagine how people in the past would have imagined our present life in 2019! So enjoy this day to the fullest by pretending to be a time traveler.
How to celebrate Pretend to be a Time traveler Day?
- Post on social media about the day and Time Machines using hashtag #PretendToBeATimetravellerDay
- Visit a library and buy some fiction books on Time traveling or buy a new book and enjoy reading it with a hot Cup of Coffee in this cold season. Few fiction books on time-traveling are – The Time Machine, The Time Traveller’s Wife, A Wrinkle Time, Time and again.
- Watch movies on Time traveling with a bowl of Popcorn along with family especially kids who enjoy learning about Time Machines. A few popular movies on Time travel are – Star Trek, Back to the Future, The Terminator, About Time, Doctor Strange, Groundhog Day, etc.
Future Man, Dark, Frequency, The Flash, 11.22.63, The Outlander are a few TV series popular in recent times which are based on Time Travel.
- As the name suggests, pretend to be a time traveler either from the past or future and who has somehow ended in the present world. It would be fun to act as a time traveler with a group of friends and involve in conversations with complete strangers. Note that dressing and the style of talking is important while pretending as a time traveler. Ask astonishing questions to strangers and act crazy.
- There are three ways to Pretend as a Time Traveller name:
Please browse through the internet to dress up according to each time period mentioned above.
Interesting facts on Pretend to be a Time traveler Day:
Though this day has been created in 2007, the dream of time traveling is much older.
- This concept of time traveling is first mentioned in Hindu mythology. In one of the stories, King Ravaita travels far to meet Lord Brahma, the creator. When he returns to his kingdom, he is shocked to see that many ages have passed during his short absence. It also mentions about sages traveling fast through time with their power.
- Time travel is also seen in Talmud and early Japanese tales. In recent stories, we can see time travel in Charles Dickens’ story, ‘A Christmas Carol’ in which Scrooge is transported through past, future, and present to witness various life events, which eventually changes his perception towards life and mankind.
- Recently we can find more books on this concept of time travel.
- A most popular paradox relating to time travel is the Grandfather paradox. According to it, if a person goes back in time and kills his/her grandfather before he has biological children, then the person wouldn’t exist today.
The celebration of Pretend to be a Time Traveller Day began in 2007 and this day was created by the Koala Wallop online community.