Here comes the sizzling season of the year. It starts on the longest day of the year known as the Summer solstice. The dates can vary from June 20th to 22nd depending on the time zone.
|2023||21st June||Wednesday||United States|
|2024||20th June||Thursday||United States|
|2025||20th June||Friday||United States|
Why Summer begins?
So on the Summer solstice which marks the first day of this season, the earth’s axis is pointed towards the sun. As a result, it directly affects the Northern Hemisphere which receives enough warmth and sunlight. This is the time when most of the creatures are active and plants grow rapidly.
This is a great time for families to go out on vacations as the schools are closed during the hot days. You can also go with your partner or can go on a solo trip to some mountains where you can go camping and hiking.
Although this season gives you a chance to go out and spend some quality time in the mountains or beaches, it is not so ideal for the farmers as they wait for the rainy season. However, nowadays several irrigation techniques are available which are highly helpful to farmers.
Overall, this is a great time to enjoy with your close ones. So in this article, we are going to discuss all the ways which you can use to make those 2-3 months exciting. Let us begin!
As we have already mentioned above this season begins on the summer solstice. What exactly happens on this day? So, the earth gets tilted by 23.5 degrees away from the vertical axis.
All four seasons are decided by the position of the earth’s axis. In this article, we are going to talk about Summer in detail and the activities that can help you enjoy the warm weather in the best possible way.
How can we observe Summer begins?
This is the best season to try out some adventure and go on a trip either alone or with family. In this section, we are going to discuss some of the best ways that can help you spend the season in a better way. Are you excited? So let’s get started:
- According to us, you can start with shopping for some light coloured clothes as these are truly essential to maintain your style statement along with comfort.
- Next is a vacation which can be destined for the mountains or a beach. This is the best time to go for some biking, hiking and camping.
- Furthermore, you can try your hands on cooking and learn some new recipes during the sunny days. You can also try making some kind of beverage like iced tea which will help you relax in the hot weather.
- Call your friends to your place and grab your favorite fruit juice to have a great time together.
- If you are going on holiday to some distant spot, do not forget to post a selfie with #summer begins on social media.
Interesting facts about Summer begins
Whether you are planning to go on a trip or gonna stay indoors, we have some fun facts about this season that you may not be knowing. So we have compiled all the interesting facts in this section. Let’s have a look!
- The first modern Olympic Games were held in the Summer of 1896 in Athens, Greece.
- The first day of this season generally lies between June 20th to 22nd depending on the earth’s rotation.
- The Eiffel tower grows in the heat of the season. This is because the iron expands which causes it to grow by 6 inches every year.
- Most people like to have ice cream during this season. So July is marked as the national ice cream month. It is also known as a national blueberry month.
- Another striking fact about this season is that television shows used to recap during this time. This is because of the idea that most people were outside enjoying the weather.
- The longest day of the year is the summer solstice. It marks the beginning of a series of hot days.
- Most of the thunderstorms occur during this season more than any other time of the year.
History of Summer begins:
By this time you know how this season begins and what to do during those sunny and warm days. So history is quite clear before us. It is all about the summer solstice which welcomes the sun and its scorching rays for a span of 2-3 months.
The old age monuments are the only evidence of the time when humans started tracking the first day of summer. Particularly the “Egyptian Stonehenge” seems to be the most ancient recorded indication that people knew something about the longest day of the year.
The word summer is very old and it is recorded before the year 900. It is derived from the old English word for this season called summer. It is the warmest season of the year which extends from the longest day of the year to the autumnal equinox.