Emergency Medical Services For Children Day
Observed on Every Wednesday of Emergency Medical Service Week(EMSC). The day is observed to promote the medical services available for the children in case of emergency along with the importance and need of medical services.
|2018||23rd May||Wednesday||United States|
|2019||22nd May||Wednesday||United States|
|2020||20th May||Wednesday||United States|
Why EMSC Day?
The Emergency Medical services for children day is observed to promote the medical services available for the children in case of emergency along with the importance and need of medical services. A survey had estimated that almost 50 percent of deaths are being avoided per year because of emergency medical services in the country. It includes both Psychological and Physical factors. We are in need for such emergency medical service centers in the all parts of the country for the further improvement in the ratio of such avoidance.
Several Schools, Health-related Organizations, Medical Centers and Medical Personnel involved in creating awareness to the parents for the Welfare of the children. Children suffering from prolonged illness, sudden flu, etc. are needed to be provided with appropriate medications. Thus, this day is observed to promote the need for emergency medical services for children.
How we can Celebrate or Observe National EMSC Day:
Let us observe this day by exploring more about the medical services available in case of emergency for the children and hospitalization charges. Post details using this hashtag #EmergencyMSDetails. Participate in the events organized on behalf of this day by the federal Emergency Medical Services. Wear a T-shirt that has “Benny the Bearamedic” logo and post using this hashtag #Bennybearamedic on social media to highlight the importance of pediatric medical services in case of emergency.
Interesting Facts About Emergency Medical Services For Children Day:
- Emergency Medical Services Week presented by American College of Emergency Physicians commonly called as ACEP in association with the National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians (NAEMT) and was proclaimed by the president Gerald Ford in the year 1974 from November 3-10.
- Later in 2007, it was started observing in the Third Week of May. Each Year comprises of various themes whereas the 2017-year theme was “Always In Service”. The notable themes were “Your Life is our mission”,”Anytime, Anywhere, We will be there”,”EMS: One Mission, One Team” which were intended in the year 2008, 2010, 2013 respectively.
- The main motto of this day is to spread the need for Emergency Medical Services. Various NGO Organizations along with several federal agencies involves in promoting the events. The Organizations like ACEP, NAEMT provides staff and financial assistance at free of cost on this day to mark the serious demand for medical services in case of emergencies.
- Despite, of the comic appearance of the logo “Benny the Bearamedic”, it was designed to denote the demand of Emergency medic Services. This logo has a huge impact on the increase of public awareness about this day. Moreover, this logo is commonly used in T-shirts, brochures and other items meant for promotion.
- The American Academy of Pediatrics and the Emergency Nurses Association has taken great efforts regarding the improvement of emergency medical services. Several television programs, events, and health-related websites are hosted in prompting the necessity of Emergency medical services for the younger generation. Moreover, the EMSC National resource center plays a vital role in the awareness programs.
History of National EMSC Day:
The Emergency Medical Services For Children Day is created by Federal Emergency Medical services in participation with American college of emergency physicians. The same panel had declared EMSC Week. In this Week, a day is affirmed as Emergency Medical services for children day after the formal proclamation.