National Avocado Day:
Celebrated on July 31st every year. The Day is to ripe and enjoy the Avocado, a berry that incorporates enormous health benefits.
|2018||31st July||Tuesday||United States|
|2019||31st July||Wednesday||United States|
|2020||31st July||Friday||United States|
Why Avocado Day?
The Day is to ripe and enjoy the Avocado, a berry that incorporates enormous health benefits. Avocado, neither is a fruit nor is a vegetable. It belongs to berry category actually. According to a survey, Americans consumes more than 4 billion avocados approximately on an annual basis as of 2015 since Avocados has become a key ingredient in most of our daily routine food varieties. Moreover, it plays a prominent role in soap manufacturing and other cosmetic products. This day is an opportunity to thank the nature for providing us Avocado.
How we can Celebrate National Avocado Day:
Enjoy the day with avocado and post any recipes using the hashtag #AvocadoDay on the social media. List out the health benefits of avocado using this hashtag #AvocadoHealthBenefits. Conversely, list out the negative impact of avocado using this hashtag #WhoShouldAvoidAvocado on the social media.
Interesting Facts About Avocado Day:
Avocado has high nutritional value. It is rich in vitamin H, vitamin K, vitamin C, vitamin t and potassium, phytosterols and carotenoids. It comprises of 75 percent fat out of which 67 percent is monounsaturated fat and 14 percent is saturated fat Each 100 grams of Avocado comprises of 160 calories.
The health benefits of Avocado are infinite. The few of the benefits are:
- It balances body weight since it has dietary fiber. It reduces the risk of heart related diseases and cancer.
- It protects the skin from ageing. It antioxidants maintains the sugar level in blood and regulates the blood circulation.
- It also balances the cholesterol level. It builds the bone stronger. It prevents liver damage and the presence of vitamin k prevents bleeding due to deficiency.
- It helps in Digestion, prevents had breath by improving the digestion. In addition, the antibacterial flavonoids kill the bacteria present in the mouth. Thus, prevents bad breath.
- It nourishes the skin and dry and damaged hair as well since it has the organic compounds like rarotene and lycopene in high proportion that enhances the skin health.
- The lutein and zeaxanthin present in the avocado improves the vision.
- It reduces morning sickness and thus highly recommended during pregnancy.
- Mexico is the World’s largest producer of Avocado. It contributes 34 percent of the World’s total Avocado cultivation. Other prominent producers are Peru, Colombia, Dominican Republic and Indonesia all together constituting 30 percent of the world’s total production.
- The Production of Avocado consumes more work forces that subsequently increase the cost. However, it is diversely used in making salads, milkshakes, sandwiches, and ice cream and other related desserts and besides, in soap manufacturing, cosmetics line etc. providing justification for the investment.
- The leaves of the Avocado are being used as spice in some of the countries. Despite the flavor of the dried leaves resembles the star anise, leaves of some varieties are toxic to animals like goat, horses etc.
- Avocado is harmful to some species of birds, animals especially poisonous to horses. Moreover, allergic reactions were evident on human beings eventually resulting in vomiting, abdominal pain, etc.
History of Avocado Day:
The National Avocado day is established by Modern Meal, a meal service founded by Cammille May and Danika Brysha, a professional model. Modern meal concentrates on the timely delivery of meal and it coordinates with the farmers encouraging them in health focused cultivation.
Modern meal has even focused on special delivery service named “avocaGo” especially for avocado delivery. It has launched the National Avocado day during the California Avocado Season held on July 31 to emphasize the infinite health benefits of the berry, Avocado.