National Bloody Mary Day:
The National Bloody Mary Day is celebrated on January 1. During this day, people have the chance to get rid of any hangover effects caused by drinking too much the previous day.
|2022||1st January||Saturday||United States|
|2023||1st January||Sunday||United States|
|2024||1st January||Monday||United States|
Related: Other National Days Celebrated on January 1st:
Why National Bloody Mary Day?
The last day of the year is usually marked with many celebrations that may leave people having a hangover the following day. At this celebration, people prepare and take a Bloody Mary to help them feel better. A Bloody Mary is a drink for curing hangovers made using vodka, lemon juice, tomato juice, salt, cayenne, and Worcestershire. This popular drink helps in alleviating the symptoms of hangovers such as headaches, nausea, and vomiting. Bloody Marys are also known as the best cocktails in the U.S.
How can we celebrate National Bloody Mary Day:
Some activities that you can engage in as part of celebrating this day include the following:
- Organize a brunch
One of the major ways for you to celebrate this day is to organize a brunch with the people who are close to you. A brunch is one of the best ways for you to cure a hangover. Besides, you can make a Bloody Mary as one of the things that will be on the recipe. If you are not up to preparing a brunch on this day, you can go to a restaurant and order your favorite meal. Taking meals is one of the best ways for you to get over a hangover.
- Make a Bloody Mary with friends
Making a Bloody Mary can be fun. On this day, you can go out there and pick out the ingredients you need to prepare these drinks. Online tutorials can also help you find the best methods and recipes for preparing the best and most effective Bloody Marys. To add to the fun, you can have a competition with your friends on who will make the unique Bloody Mary. Learning how to make this drink can be one of the best ways for you to start the New Year.
- Find joints that make the best Bloody Marys
If you do not want to spend the first day of the year indoors, you can go out and find restaurants that make the best Bloody Marys. You can do some research with your friends to find the places around you that are famous for making authentic and effective Bloody Marys. You can also prepare a ranking list after you have visited all the joints so that you can refer to them later. When you are going out to drink Bloody Marys from different restaurants, you need to hire a cab and you need to know when to stop.
- Post on social media
To share your experiences on the National Bloody Mary Day, you can post on different social media platforms. You can use videos and photos of you preparing your own Bloody Mary or testing out Bloody Marys from different restaurants in your area. You can rank these restaurants depending on their quality of the drink and you can share this list on social media to get the opinions of others. When posting the photos and videos, use the hashtag #NationalBloodyMaryDay.
Interesting Facts about National Bloody Mary Day:
Some of the most interesting facts about the Bloody Mary include the following:
- Bloody Mary was invented by a bartender named Fernand Petiot in the early 1920s. He invented the drink while working on a bar in New York but he later moved to Manhattan where he added more ingredients to the drink.
- The name Bloody Mary is believed to be inspired by popular people among them Queen Mary 1 of England. Queen Mary is popular for her plans to boost the growth of the Catholic Church, in which she assassinated Protestants hence her association with the name ‘Bloody Mary.
- A Bloody Mary is made by mixing two of the most popular beverages, which include tomato juice and vodka. The cocktail’s other ingredients have been developed over the years as people looked for other ways to garnish it.
- Bloody Marys are the most popular beverages that are used by people to treat hangovers. It is also one of the most popular cocktails in the U.S.
- A Green Mary is another version of Blood Mary that uses gin as one of the ingredients instead of vodka.
History of National Bloody Mary Day:
No one knows how the Bloody Mary came to be. The origin of the Bloody Mary is also a mystery. No one knows the person who invented this drink that cures hangovers. There have been theories that have purported to explain the origin of this day but none of them has been substantiated. One of the theories that try to explain the origin of this day was that it was invented by a bartender in Paris in the 1920s. However, other theories suggest that it was invented in the 1930s. Even with all these conflicts as to the originality of this day, Bloody Mary remains to be one of the most popular cocktails in the U.S.