National Cake Day:
The National Cake Day is a celebration observed on November 26 every year. The day is used to celebrate the people’s love for cake.
|2021||26th November||Friday||United States|
|2022||26th November||Saturday||United States|
|2023||26th November||Sunday||United States|
Why National Cake Day?
The National Cake Day is the perfect day for people to enjoy cake cutting and cake eating on a day that is not yet their birthday. A cake is a delicacy made using flour, eggs, sugar, butter, and oil. People also use milk or water to create a paste while a raising agent such as yeast or baking powder is used for the cake to leaven. The National cake Day is celebrated on November 26 and people on this day have the perfect chance to enjoy eating their favorite treat. The best thing about this day is that people get to eat cakes of all shapes, sizes, and flavors.
How can we celebrate National Cake Day:
One can celebrate the National Cake Day in the following ways:
- Bake a cake
The best way to celebrate this day is by baking a cake. You can bake your favorite cake with all your favorite flavors to ensure that you have a memorable experience. If you are not good at baking cakes, you can invite your friends and family to help you become the best baker on this day. Besides, this day gives you the perfect chance to learn something new about baking cakes. If you are a pro at baking cakes, you should use this day to bake a cake for the less fortunate and the people you are grateful for. If you do not have time to bake a cake, you can buy one at your favorite cake shop.
- Learn a new cake recipe
You can also use this day as an opportunity for you to learn more about cakes. You can learn a new recipe that you can try out on this day. There are many sources for you to find these recipes. You can use online sources or you can watch TV shows that will give you all the knowledge you need to bake a new cake that you have not tried before. You can make the learning more fun by inviting people close to you to brainstorm ideas and make the cake baking more memorable.
- Throw a cake party
You can also choose to throw a cake party for this occasion. A cake party is where the cake will be the main delicacy. You can invite your guests to take part in different cake flavors that you have baked yourself or ones that you have bought. Having a cake party also means that you can have your favorite drinks to go together with the cakes. The best thing about a cake party is that it is family-friendly, which means that you can invite both children and adults to be part of the celebrations.
- Learn how to decorate a cake
The best thing about baking a cake is the decoration process. On National Cake Day, you can learn about different types of decorations and then put your knowledge into use by creating the best décor on your cake.
- Post on social media
After hosting your cake party, you can post the images and videos of your celebration on social media. You can use the hashtag #NationalCakeDay to make the day trend and to create more awareness. When you share your celebrations for cake day on social media, make sure to invite other people to participate on this day.
Interesting facts about National Cake Day:
The interesting facts one needs to learn about cake include the following:
- The recipe for red velvet cake was created out of revenge. A woman who ordered a red velvet cake at a restaurant loved it and requested the restaurant to share the recipe with her. However, the restaurant sold the recipe to her for $100, and out of anger; she shared this recipe with everyone who wanted it.
- The word cake originates from the English term ‘kake’. The term is also believed to be of Viking or Norse origin.
- The meaning of the word ‘cake has greatly evolved over time. In ancient times, the cake was in the form of flattened bread with a regular shape. To make sure that this cake was evenly cooked, it was turned on both sides.
- The largest cake in the world weighed around 15,032 pounds and it was baked by chefs at the Mohegan Sun Hotel and Casino in February 2004.
- The tallest cake in the world measured 7.8 meters tall. This cake was created by 20 chefs and they spent an entire day to create the cake at a shopping mall in Luoyang.
- The most expensive cake in the world was priced at $75 million. This was a birthday cake that was decorated with diamonds and fondants.
- The first-ever birthday cake was just an ordinary cake that was gifted to someone on his birthday. The name ‘birthday cake’ originated in 1785.
- Queen Victoria was the first person to have pure white icing on their wedding cake. It is for this reason that white icing is also known as ‘royal icing’.
History of National Cake Day:
The history behind the creation of the National Cake Day is not well known. However, the history of the cake itself is very intriguing. This delicacy has a very ancient history. The first cakes that were first created originated from Egypt and Greece. However, these ancient cakes were thick and more flat. They were also taken as a dessert after meals with has evolved and a combination of honey and nuts. However, this type of cake has evolved and it has now become softer and more raised. After the Greeks and Egyptians created their first cake, the Romans also developed their version of it, which as sweeter and creamier. However, the Egyptians did not eat their cake but rather used it to offer sacrifices to their gods. According to the Oxford Dictionary, the English word ‘cake’ dates back to the 13th century. During the Great Depression, the cake was used to provide a cheap and easy source of food to the poverty-stricken Americans who had been affected by the war.