National Electronic Greeting Card Day:
Celebrated on November 29th every year.
|2019||November 29th||Friday||United States|
|2020||November 29th||Sunday||United States|
|2021||November 29th||Monday||United States|
Why National Electronic Greeting Card Day?
National Electronic Greeting Card Day is observed to honor the e-greeting cards and encourage people to send e-greetings to all family members and friends, even to those who haven’t spoken for a while, as e-cards would be a good conversation starter. In this fast-moving world, people tend not to express their love and affection to their friends and family, sometimes gratitude to their colleagues, teachers, etc. Celebrating this day would kindle happiness and joy in the hearts of the sender as well as the recipient of the e-greeting.
How to celebrate National Electronic Greeting Card Day?
- Post any generalized e-greeting or e-card on National Electronic Greeting Card Day to honor National Electronic Greeting Card Day on social media using hashtag # NationalElectronicGreetingCardDay.
- Send e-cards to all family members and friends. Make sure to make it personal by mentioning their names and adding a special note along with the e-card.
- Send e-cards to your teachers to show your gratitude.
- How to send an e-greeting card through email.
- Many websites are available online for sending e-greeting cards.
- Choose any e-greeting website and select an e-card suitable for the person or occasion.
- Once selected, personalize the design with a few animations provided and write down a personal note.
- Now the e-greeting card is ready to be sent.
- When we send this e-card, only the link for the e-greeting is received by the recipient and the greeting can viewed by clicking the link.
- Nowadays video e-greeting cards are also available to which the user can add videos.
- Try to design your e-greeting and send them to your loved ones. Create an e-album of pictures with your loved one, write a special note on your relationship and how much they mean to you send as e-greeting. Such a personalized e-greeting excites and cheers the receiver and makes the relationship more stronger.
Interesting facts on National Electronic Greeting Card Day:
- Greeting cards were in use since the 1800s. They were used for sending wishes for Christmas, Birthdays, Halloween, and other occasions. Later greeting cards were introduced for conveying gratitude, friendship, love, etc. In 1910, the founders of Hallmark created the folding type greeting card.
- Electronic Greeting Card was first designed by Judith Donath in the form of electronic postcard in 1994.
- Electronic greetings are fun and an inexpensive way to make someone smile!
- They are eco-friendly, as they are created digitally and sent electronically, and hence no paper used.
- Electronic Greeting Cards are cards designed for the web instead of being printed. They are widely available online and can be sent to recipients through e-mails. They are highly flexible because they can be customized according to the sender’s requirements.
- Earlier electronic greeting cards were sent through e-mail using desktop. But nowadays a variety of e-greetings are sent through social media using smartphones and mobile devices.
- Nowadays e-greetings can be sent to one person or many at a time.
History of National Electronic Greeting Card Day:
The origin of National Electronic Greeting Card Day is unknown.