National Camera Day:
Celebrated on June 29th every year. The day is observed to enjoy the existence of Camera and its benefits.
Related: Other National Days Celebrated on June:
Why National Camera Day?
The National Camera Day is observed to enjoy the existence of Camera and its benefits. Cameras provide candid memories that make a glimpse of smile in our face by seeing the Old Photographs that we took with our friends and families. We would know value of a single photograph that we have taken with a person once he is no more with us. Normally we take so many selfie with our families and so that one can find number of pictures in our phones.
Often my mother would say me to share my entire daughter’s pictures to her mobile whenever she visits me. She would say that she could make her day by seeing the pictures when she is away from my daughter. What is needed more than this for a Grandmother? Isn’t! Thus, Camera plays a crucial part in our day-to-day life. Like this, many of us would have memories that could make a smile in our face and the camera is solely responsible for the smile.
Taking Photographs are not only for memories, it also acts as a rescuer at certain times. We can use as an evidence normally during driving, if our car is collided with someone’s. We can photograph a news item if we do not have a pen and note at the time. Some Digital Cameras acts as photocopiers. CCTV cameras are used for monitoring and being widely used in our country. Therefore, let us thank all our mobile Phones, Cameras today.
How we can Celebrate or Observe National Camera Day:
Explore more about the day. Our research could not find the history and creator of the National Camera Day. Please do a research on it and post it using the hashtag #NationalCameraDay or else post it in the comment section and we will update it in the post. Your interest is appreciated. Post your Photographs that you have taken using old era cameras, if you have, using this hashtag #CameraDay.
Explore more about the History of Camera’s invention. Every old photo has candid memories. Share those memories on this day using this hashtag #MyMemoriesOnCameraDay on the social media. Search for a best high-resolution camera and post it using this hashtag #BestCameras so that, others may buy. You can also post your reviews using the same hashtag. Post the preservation methods you follow to preserve your old Photographs.
Interesting Facts About Camera Day:
- The Camera was invented based on Camera Obscura. The term “Camera Obscura” means a dark room. When the light passes through a small hole in a dark room, it reflects the inverted image of whatever appears on the opposite of the hole. The Camera Obscura concept is reported to be in effective from 30000 BCE. However, the records are evident only from 300BCE. The first photograph was made by Joseph Niepce in the year 1826 and it is claimed to be the first permanent photograph.
- The Pioneer of the camera is Plate cameras where the glass plates and lens are used. The Plate Cameras are larger in size and only certain numbers of cameras were produced at that time. Due to size concern, Folding Cameras were introduced. The functionality is similar as Plate cameras but the size is largely reduced. The Folding cameras are produced after the introduction of cinemas.
- Since Folding Cameras are costly, low budgets camera, called box cameras were introduced. Later, Rangefinder Cameras are introduced which has wider length to focus the target more accurately. Later Camcorders, Professional video Camera, Digital camera, VR Cameras and high resolution cameras were introduced due to emergence of new technologies.
- Sharp Corporation, A Japanese Company that manufactures electronic good items, has designed and introduced Camera Phone in the year 2000. Now, All the Smart phones are integrated with Digital Cameras.
- Some of the brands like Bell &Howell, GE, GoPro, HP, Kodak, Lytro, Polaroid and Vivitar are being manufactured in the United States.
History of Camera Day:
The Origin of this day is uncertain.