National Columnist Day
National Columnist Day:
This day is celebrated on the 18th of April every year. The day is supported by an organization named the National Society of Newspaper Columnist to help and support all columnists and journalists worldwide.
|2022||18th April||Monday||United States|
|2023||18th April||Tuesday||United States|
|2024||18th April||Wednesday||United States|
Why National Columnist Day?
This day is celebrated to appreciate and honor all the columnists and journalists for their hard work, solid research, and role in revealing the truth to the public and the world. To get proper information about why we celebrated this day, first, we must know what is columnist. A columnist is a person or team who puts their views researched information in forms of the column in the newspaper, books magazines, newspaper or in other words we can say that an author who write on a daily basis in a newspaper, books, cover, magazines, son social platforms. Nowadays, it is in the form of a blog also. There are various types of columnists such as critics, gossip, advice, humor, food. Columnists have the skill to motivate a plethora of passions that frequently result in action. Depending on their field of writing, they can even be a part of gossip, make fun. Whether it’s about fashion, politics movies, story current affairs columnist like Richard cohen, Michelle malkin, an American right-wing journalist was a fox news contributor and joined Newsmax tv in 2020, has written seven books, and form a very conservative website like hot air and, keep busy their readers with their intellect and visions.
While conventionally, columnists were authors, and their works were carried through a printed medium. Still, as per the increasing popularity of television and radio in the 90s, some of them use this medium to deliver their work to a vast area. A columnist can respond or present their views in every field, from household work to how to manage the cranky child. With the growth in the use of electronic media, it is easy to show or research directly to the public with the help of YouTube videos.
Some famous columnists like Dave Barry, Walter Winchell, molly Ivins, William Safire always spur debate and causes their readers to consider their position.
How can we observe National Columnist Day:
- Show Some Gratitude: We must show our gratitude and respect for all those columnists who informed us about the current events by bringing news and opinions to us. We can celebrate this day by respecting a person we know as a columnist or journalist, or blogger, and any person who is our favorite and plays a very important role in telling us the truth of every story or content.
- Help Of Social Platforms: You can share their name and their work on your social media like Facebook Instagram using #nationalcolumnistday #columnistday
- By Giving Gifts: You can thank your favorite author or columnist personally by giving gifts.
- By Reading: Read your favorite book, newspaper on this day.
- #MyFavouriteColumnist: As in the present scenario, there are various mediums to put down your views. You can also make your columnist feel good by starting a campaign online, using #myfavoritecolumnist, and make them star overnight.
Interesting facts of National Columnist Day:
- This day is also known as newspaper columnist day.
- There is an award given on this day as Ernie Pyle’s lifetime achievement award.
- Dear Abby, is one of the most famous columnists ever, bring news before the matter over.
- Celebrating this day gives respect to all people who write, do research, and keep updating society about black and white.
- This day is also shared with world Heritage Day, pet owner’s independent day, national pinata day, national lineman appreciation day.
- Due to this day, some people able to appreciate columnists working in any form of media, not only newspaper columnists.
- If you are a movie star, you must be in the friend book of a good columnist. (fun part: a faded celebrity got shocked when she came to know her social media handler is about to marry a famous gossip columnist.
History of National Columnist Day:
This day is celebrated in memory of great Pulitzer prize winner journalist Earnie Pyle. Who died on 18 April 1945 while reporting in Okinawa during the second world war? The national society of newspaper columnists has founded this day to give their respect to Ernie Pyle and other great columnists for their great contribution in uncovering the truth to the whole world. The society was founded in 1977, and the year 1995, they started to commemorate 18th April as a national communist day. Their main point to rejoice this day is to people aware of what kind of dangerous situation occurs in the professional life of a good columnist, and this is not an easy job.