National Cuddle Up Day
National Cuddle Up Day:
Cuddling with humans, dogs, and other pets has many advantages. So, mark your calendars for Jan 6th as National Cuddle up Day.
|2022||6th January||Thursday||United States|
|2023||6th January||Friday||United States|
|2024||6th January||Saturday||United States|
Related: Other National Days Celebrated on January 6th:
Why National Cuddle Up Day?
Winter has the coldest days of the year, but there are plenty of options for keeping warm. A three-dog night, or a night so hard that it takes cuddling up to three dogs to stay warm is one of the best ways to keep warm.
Every year on January 6th, the United States celebrates National Cuddle Up Day. It is often necessary to make the day a little warmer during the coldest days of the winter. Cuddling up is a great way to get away from the cold. Make your day special by hugging your loved ones and cuddling up to unwind.
Oxytocin is released when you cuddle. This hormone has a lot of health benefits on its own. Oxytocin decreases discomfort as well as giving us a warm and fuzzy feeling. So, if the cold has made your muscles and joints hurt, cuddling will make you feel better. Oxytocin also aids in the prevention of heart disease, blood pressure, stress, and anxiety. Since cuddling is such a big health bonus, it would almost certainly be protected by health insurance if it weren’t free! E-mails, calls, and chats aren’t the only ways to communicate. Confidence, loyalty, protection, and reassurance can all be expressed by physical contact. It applies to both human-to-human and human-to-pet interactions.
Cuddling communicates many of these essential aspects of a healthy relationship. Cuddling has been shown to increase sexual appetite. Dopamine is released, which stimulates the brain’s pleasure-seeking behavior. Dopamine, on the other hand, can help with memory and concentration. Cuddling also aids in the bonding of a mother with her baby or toddler boy. Cuddling activates Oxytocin, which relaxes the mother and makes breastfeeding easier. It also allows the mother to sleep, even though she has trouble sleeping with a newborn in the home.
Cuddling can help with social anxiety, allowing you to have a more optimistic outlook on life. You don’t even have to be with your romantic partner to cuddle. Don’t you have someone to cuddle with? Schedule a massage consultation. Massage has been shown to have similar benefits in studies. You might also hug your pals or play with your pets. Never fear, mate, if you don’t want to be too social or if you don’t have any furry mates! You can rub your shoulders, take a warm bath, or have a massage, of course.
How can we celebrate National Cuddle Up Day:
- On, #NationalCuddleUpday all we have to do to celebrate is go out, socialize with our families, or hug our loved ones.
- Play with our pets, cuddle with our significant other by the fire, or listen to music.
- On National Cuddle Up Day, perhaps you and your significant other will compete in a video game against each other.
- Share Your pictures using this hashtag #NationalCuddleUpDay on Social Media!
Interesting facts about National Cuddle Up Day:
- Therapeutic contact, such as cuddling, might also be able to relieve discomfort. Therapeutic contact is a technique for balancing energy and promoting natural healing by putting your hands on or near the body.
- According to research, touch is a way to express feelings like affection, gratitude, and compassion amongst loved ones. Touch may also be used to express happiness and sorrow. Surprisingly, a 2009 study discovered that contact facilitates emotional communication between strangers.
- Touch has a soothing effect on the body, which can help to reduce blood pressure. Short periods of hand-holding and kissing have been shown to reduce diastolic and systolic blood pressure in studies. Since high blood pressure is related to heart disease and stroke, daily cuddling should be part of every recovery plan for high blood pressure.
- Massage in the form of stroking, squeezing, and stretching, according to one 2004 report, can help alleviate stress and anxiety by raising dopamine and serotonin levels in the body. These two neurotransmitters aid in mood regulation. Dopamine also controls the brain’s pleasure core.
History of National Cuddle Up Day:
Even though there is no documented history of the national cuddle-up day, It’s easy to lose intimacy in today’s busy world, and it’s much harder to find time to relax and recharge. Cuddling allows you to do both while remaining close to those you care for. So, what do you have to lose? Hug, cuddle, kiss, and stroke whenever you can. Snuggle up with your partner, mates, and pets in the cuddling positions that fit best for you. It’s good for both your body and your soul.