National Technology Day:
Celebrated annually on January 6th, the National Technology Day honors the technological enhancements that have made the way humans live, fascinating each day! Since the invention of the wheel, the scope of technology is beyond imagination. A few centuries ago, who would’ve believed that mankind would fly or appear to people on screens?! You cannot imagine a day without your smartphone, can you?
|2022||6th January||Friday||United States|
|2023||6th January||Saturday||United States|
|2024||6th January||Sunday||United States|
Related: Other National Days Celebrated on January 6th:
Why Technology Day?
The origin of technology is as old as mankind. It will be irrational to assume that technology is a magic wand that changed the world in a day! Technology as the word means is using the scientific data to develop machinery or solutions for the Industry and everyday needs of people. Man has always been a creator, another attribute of being created in God’s image.
With observation and experimentation, man discovered new ways and invented new mechanisms to solve the problems that thronged their community. However, we should not forget the insatiable heart of man either. When he has attained something, he always searches for the next best thing! When the insatiable and creator of man come together, we have a new technology. A better life than we have now has always been the pursuit of humanity.
There is no denying that the Wheel paved the way for greater inventions and discoveries ever since and still holds much significance in today’s post-modern world.
We are constantly using technology at home, work, and entertainment. Primarily It was used for advancing the military. Today, technology has penetrated the industries of healthcare, agriculture, entertainment, security, and food service among many others! It has simplified complex processes and improved the economy and lifestyle of people.
Although technological inventions are usually made by individuals or groups of individuals, its execution calls for numerous hands and thus numerous jobs for people. It has made various industries thrive and scale their profits. Artificial Intelligence and Automation are hot topics in the global technology forum. With so much hinging on technology, it is not surprising to have a day dedicated to technology.
How Can We Observe National Technology Day?
- Stay updated with the latest technologies
Celebrate National Technology Day by brainstorming about the latest technologies that have revolutionized our daily life at home, work, and the world
- Take a ride through technology’s history
If you love riding back in time even if it’s mostly your imagination, take the trip to some of the humble beginning of all the amazing technology we enjoy today and will enjoy in the future! Gather with friends and family to share your findings from the technological past!
- Enroll for a technology class
If you love technology and curious to know how it all makes you work effortlessly? Enroll for your favorite technology class to be part of the technological contributions to the world
- Do fun technology activities with your children
Celebrate Technology Day by sowing seeds of interest by playing fun and interesting technology-based games with children. If time permits answer all their questions!
- Share and discuss your technology-based ideas
Well, the celebrations don’t end without discussing the best technology-based ideas on your mind! Share and discuss a few with your tech buddies today!
- Spread some technology love on social media
Show your love and gratitude for some of the greatest technologies you were able to enjoy using #NationalTechnologyDay and #TechnologyDay
Interesting Facts About National Technology Day:
Here are some interesting facts about technology to gear you up for today’s celebrations!
- There are over 3.8 billion Internet users across the globe
- Every minute, approximately 570 websites are launched
- You could get free domain names until 1995.
- Back in the 1960s, the Mouse was called the X-Y Position indicator
- The email came much before the WorldWideWeb a.k.a the Internet. The former was invented in the 1960s by Ray Tomlinson and the latter was founded in the late 1980s.
- In the future, robots are meant to do most of the boring and unnecessary works. The word “robot” actually means “forced labor” in Czech
- Radio needed 38 years to reach 50million people whereas the internet needed only 4 years
- The statistics from 2019 reveals that on average 10 years of your life is spent watching TV. with Netflix, Prime Videos and many other video streaming apps, the consumption could see a spike in the graph
- Just like any other phobia, some people have the fear of technology termed as Technophobia
History of National Technology Day:
The National Technology Day was founded in 2016 by AXEL, a leading technology-based company located in Las Vegas to appreciate all that technology has contributed so far. This day is observed as a fun unofficial holiday in the US.