National Hot Mulled Cider Day:
The warm blend of cinnamon, nutmeg and apple is what we experience on 30th September every year.
|2023||30th September||Saturday||United States|
|2024||30th September||Monday||United States|
|2025||30th September||Tuesday||United States|
Related: Other National Days Celebrated on September 30th:
Why National Hot Mulled Cider Day?
Warm and toasty mug of mulled cider wrapped around our hands to sip and feel the warmth going along the throat to the stomach and we welcome the season of fall. Tell me a better way than to spend your evening sipping a tart, spiced beverage while welcoming the chilly breeze as the trees dance to shed the crimson gold leaves and say their last goodbyes.
The perfect way to celebrate the beauty and goodbyes with warmth and a delightful drink. Associated with fall season, mulled apple cider is a traditional drink that is given a blend by adding cinnamon, nutmeg, clover, orange zest and some other spices into it that gives the drink its cozy and classy taste. Just the scent of the tea brewing on the stove will warm your heart and lift the spirit up.
How can we observe the National Hot Mulled Cider Day?
There is no better way to celebrate the day other than finding out about the recipe of mulled cider and giving a treat to you and your family.
- The simplest way to make hot mulled apple cider is by adding brown sugar to apple cider to a large pot and heating it over medium heat to stir until the sugar gets dissolved.
- Add the warm ingredients of the drink including nutmeg, orange juice or orange zest, cinnamon and other spices before bringing to the boil.
- Dress your drink with a beautiful stick of cinnamon at the time of serving to give it a fancy look.
- Adding rum to the mixture if you like will complete your drink to serve.
- You will find a variety of tastes and flavors on the internet with different recipes, all you need to do is dig deep into your web browser and find the recipe to serve your taste buds with the exotic flavors and deja vu of the season.
- What’s the next step? Click a selfie with your family while drinking the elixir of the season and post it on different social media platforms to let the world see your celebration. Use #NationalHotMulledCiderDay and #HotMulledCiderDay.
- You can spend this youthful day with your friends and loved ones and invite them to your favorite place to enjoy the hot mulled cider together. Adding some side snacks will be a good way to stretch the time out with your friends.
- The side dishes that will go along with the warm and tasty apple cider elixir can be the delicacies including creamy pasta dishes, blue cheese, gingerbread, pancakes, cinnamon sugar doughnuts and the most special all time favorite apple pie.
Interesting facts of Hot Mulled Cider Day:
- Boiling cider before adding any user fruits will develop a better taste.
- To bring the true essence of spices you add in the hot mulled Cider is by roasting them before in a pan.
- Boiling cider for a longer time on the low flame will give it a better taste.
- To reduce the sweetness of the Cider that gets added in by the fruits is by squeezing a lemon into it.
History of Hot Mulled Cider Day:
The history of the Hot Mulled Cider Day dates way back to the old Pagan tradition known as Wassailing. The word arises from the Anglo-Saxon phrase of Waes hael that means good health. Using different ingredients including mulled ale, curdled cream, eggs, ginger, cloves, sugar and nutmeg the drink of wassail was used to be made.
A story lies behind the history of this drink of a young beautiful maiden who presented the drink to Prince Vortigen and said the words Waes hael in a toast. It was served from silver made gallon bowls. The act of carrying the bowl into the room with a traditional Carol sung about Wassailing before the beverage being served was known as Wassailing.
But in modern society, we refer to hot mulled cider as a fermented Apple juice which is non-alcoholic. However the drink can be made alcoholic with added rum and hard cider also is an alcoholic version of the Apple cider. Made to be served in the fall and winter season it is quite similar to mulled wine.
The hot mulled apple cider pays a great tribute to the season of arrival of fall as well as to the drink itself. It gives us a reason to celebrate a change in a positive way with our loved ones.