National Picnic Day:
On 23rd April, the national picnic day is observed, or you can say it is celebrated across the nation. The day encourages citizens to go outside and spend some quality time and enjoy time with loved ones.
|2022||23rd April||Saturday||United States|
|2023||23rd April||Sunday||United States|
|2024||23rd April||Monday||United States|
Why National Picnic Day?
In today’s era, everyone is busy making money; some are in 9 to 5 jobs, attending meetings, and many more. There is all stress around us, and we are living in a state of pressure. After the Covid outbreak across the world, people are feeling depressed and anxious to stay home. And all between this, we forgot the real meaning of joy and happiness. Here is the biggest reason “why national picnic day” is celebrated.
There are many hidden reasons behind the celebration of the day. One of the main reasons, on this day, you feel the real meaning of a stress-free mind when you go outside with your family, friends, or loved ones. Also, the day is celebrated to remind you of the importance of family, friends, and your children. Value the happiness of your loved ones and spend a day with them. #NATIONALPICNICDAY
How can we celebrate National Picnic Day :
Here are some of the ways by which you can observe this day
- Celebrate the day by going out for a fun picnic with your family or friends. Take a basket and pack all eatables like fruits, beverages, chips, biscuits, many more, and a blanket or what you would like to keep. Take a mini-fridge to keep your beverages cool all the time. Wear some bright color clothes that give you joyful vibes. If you are going with your little children, don’t forget to keep playing with stuff like a ball, bat, and many more.
- Choose a nearby favorite park or recreation area for a picnic. Lay down the blanket under the sun and take a sunbath. Enjoy your meal that you kept with yourself and discuss something apart from your daily duty or job. If you are with your children, play a lot with your babies and make them feel like they have the best mom or dad.
- If you are with your loved one once, talk romantically, and you can also discuss plans with him or her. With friends, you can reminisce about your school days or college days. Try to enjoy the beauty of the park or garden. Feel the goodness of the environment.
- You can also visit any mountain or forest where you’ll get pieces all around, but make sure that the forest or mountain is safe to have a picnic. In the mountains, you become closer to nature and feel the real meaning of a healthy environment. And know why all the nations are concerned about the environmental crisis.
- You can have barbecues on a picnic at night-time. Grill some chicken or veggie food and sing the song, making you happy and relaxing with your family or loved ones. And don’t forget to keep a small trash can or carry bag in which you have to keep all the rappers, cans, or bottles. Cleanliness and hygiene of the spot are your responsibility and duty. When returning from the spot, keep all trash with you, or you can throw that in the park’s trash can.
Here are some ways by which you can celebrate/observe national pic day. #CELEBRATENATIONALPICNICDAY
Interesting facts About National Picnic Day:
Here are some interesting facts about this day which make you excited.
- Did you know that averagely a person goes for a picnic at least three times a year, that is approx. 94 million picnics per year that is crazy
- The humble cheese sandwich has been the most popular picnic snack for more than 50 years. I know, also keep a humble cheese sandwich whenever you go out for a picnic because it is so tasty, right?
- The 4th of July is the most popular day for a picnic in the USA.
- The French started the fashion of picnics when they opened their royal parks for the normal public after the revolution of 1789.
- Firstly, a picnic is started as the contribution of foods among the friends and groups.
- An average family spends 26 euros per person, which is 2.4 billion euros, and that is too much.
History of National Picnic Day:
There are no records of the invention of the picnic, when it was found, and who found it. But the picnic is rich from the later 17th century.
The picnic word comes from the French word “pique-nique,” which is an expression coined in 1692. The word describes a group of people who meet together for dinner and wine at a restaurant. But it became popular when the French opened the royal gardens and parks to the public. People started spending their quality time with family or friends in the parks and initiated the culture of a picnic. But the one-day picnic culture started in Europe and England in the late 18th and 19th centuries.