National Pink Day
National Pink Day:
“Pink is the love you discover” rightly said by Aerosmith in his famous song “pink”. National Pink Day is celebrated every year on 23rd June to celebrate the color pink.
|2023||23rd June||Friday||United States|
|2024||23rd June||Sunday||United States|
|2025||23rd June||Monday||United States|
Related: Other National Days Celebrated on June 23rd:
Why National Pink Day?
Pink is a pale shade of red which is often associated with femininity and vulnerability. However, recent pop culture has surpassed this kind of mindset, by making it their theme color.
It is a small attempt to celebrate the love for this color and has no such history behind it. This day is all about the color pink and all the interesting facts related to it.
In this article, we are gonna cover everything starting from the root cause behind this celebration to the different ways you can celebrate this day. We are also going to discuss some interesting facts about this day which you have never heard of.
Let us take you into the world of the beautiful spectrum and soft hues of the color pink. Stay tuned!
After searching for hours we finally came across the reason behind celebrating this day each year on a particular date.
As we have already stated, pink represents femininity, romance, childhood and several other emotions. In order to celebrate this color, its representations and its history, a special day is marked in the calendar which is rejoiced beautifully.
But how to celebrate the love for a specific color! Don’t worry as we are going to state several ideas which will make your day blossom just like a pink flower. So without wasting any more time let us proceed to the next section.
How can we observe National Pink Day?
A big shoutout to all the pink lovers out there! Are you thinking of ways which can help you celebrate Pink Day? We are going to mention all the ideas in an organized way for your convenience.
We hope all these innovative ideas will be helpful for the readers. Without any delay let’s begin!
- Starting with the most unique idea and that is planting! Plant some pink flowers on your terrace or in your garden and add some beauty to your surroundings.
- You can also buy some pink flowers if you don’t want to put so much effort into planting.
- Next, you can go shopping and buy some pink clothes for yourself and your close ones. Isn’t it a nice idea to add some pink clothes to your wardrobe?
- Try being artistic by painting something using various shades of pink. After all, you never know how talented a painter you are.
- Little things like pink nail paint can also help you celebrate this day. Besides this, you can experiment with your hair by temporarily dyeing it in different shades of pink.
- Make sure you post pictures on social media in a pink outfit with #National Pink Day.
- Lastly, you can arrange a karaoke at your place and challenge your friends to sing songs having the word “pink”. Interesting right?
Interesting facts about National Pink Day:
Waiting for some super interesting facts about this special day? We are equally excited to share all the facts that we have learned after hours of research. Let us explore them one by one:
- The pink color was not known by Chinese people until they interacted with Western culture. That’s why they symbolize pink as a “foreign color”.
- At the time of World War II, the Nazis targeted homosexuals. They were marked as they were instructed to wear pink triangles. This is how this color got associated with homosexuality.
- As we already know that there are different shades of the color pink. On one hand, lighter shades have a soothing effect on the brain, whereas, on the other hand, darker shades are more appealing and attractive.
- The word “pink” was first used in the fourteenth century. Back then it meant to decorate with a perforated pattern, using pink threads on the fabric.
History of National Pink Day:
Talking about the origin of National Pink Day, it’s not exactly known and we do not have any exact data related to this. However, what we know about this color is that it widely symbolizes femininity and romance as also explained by Aerosmith in the 90s era in his popular song “pink”.
However, we were surprised to know that many years back pink was worn by boys during their infancy and it was a stronger color than blue.
The word “pink” was first used in the 1700s and it was derived from the class of flowers known as “the pinks”. It was used to explain a pale shade of red. Until then this word only referred to a flower.
Lastly, we would like to say that nowadays pink is not limited to femininity and childhood. Even men can own a pair of pink outfits or shoes if they like the color, without thinking twice about it. So irrespective of gender, let’s celebrate this beautiful day together using some of the unique ideas mentioned above.