National Hydration Day:
Celebrated on June 23rd every year. The Day is observed to create awareness on the importance of Hydration and the negative influence of dehydration.
|2018||23rd June||Saturday||United States|
|2019||23rd June||Sunday||United States|
|2020||23rd June||Tuesday||United States|
Why Hydration Day?
The National Hydration Day is observed to create awareness on the importance of Hydration and the negative influence of dehydration .Water is essential to our body to fight against the summer days. Profound Dehydration can leads to the formation of Kidney Stones, and other Physical and Cognitive issue. The electrolyte present in the water helps us to repair the impairment caused by the hotness. The human body consisted of 90 percent of water and proper Hydration helps to regulate the body temperature, prevents Constipation, and rejuvenate skin. Thus, this day is observed to create Awareness on benefits of Hydration.
How we can Celebrate or Observe National Hydration Day:
This day not only encourage the necessity of Hydration. But, also the importance of Water. Water is the key electrolyte. Therefore, drink more water. Post your picture with the glass of water to create awareness on the social media using this hashtag #HydrationDay. Post the importance of Water using this hashtag #ImportanceOfWater. Don’t waste even a single drop of water since we may merely face a huge demand of Water in future.
Share your ideas in saving Water. I suggest that the Water Purifier can be connected with the Washing Machine in such a way that the residue after purification could be used in Washing Machine. Likewise, you may also have some Different ideas, Use the hashtag to post it. Post the impact of Dehydration using the hashtag #HydrationDay .I have collected details as far as I could. You may share your ideas to keep our body hydrated so that others could be benefited.
Have an alarm, to drink a glass of Water per hour, and that’s what I follow since we may forget to have water in our busy schedule. Our dedication for our job is fine but at the same time we need to take care of our health since Dehydration is a serious concern. Normally, Infants and Children are predominantly affected by dehydration. We shall make sure that our children drinks adequate amount of water on a daily basis.
Interesting Facts About Hydration Day:
- Dehydration prominently affects Athletes. Approximately 87 percent of the Athletes suffer from dehydration. Despite drinking sport drinks, they suffer from mild dehydration which they are not even aware of.
- An acute Dehydration leads to decreased blood pressure, increased pulse rate and lack of blood flow to the Arteries. The impact of Dehydration on Athletes is dangerous. It could degrade their Carrier. It causes cardiovascular issues and tiredness that eventually results in poor performance.
- Constant exercise or performance with mild Dehydration can degrade the performance up to 2 to 3 percent. Further, it makes our heart to work little harder that perhaps consumes Oxygen more and more. Due to the loss of electrolytes, it fails to support our muscles functionality making us physically fatigue. Dehydration could lead to severe Cognitive issues like mental Fatigue, Neuromuscular issues. It typically affects the brain resulting in poor communication, confusion and so on.
- Anything that makes you to lose water could be the cause of Dehydration. It may be due to the excess Physical Activities, Vomiting, Diarrhoea, lack of intake of water, sweating, Diabetes, and frequent Urination. The loss of water should be compensated by drinking equivalent amount of water to stay hydrated.
- Drink more than 8 glasses per day. Sport drunks can provide supplementary electrolyte. But Water is the Key .Therefore, drink plenty of water, it can make as to stay hydrated to battle hot summer.
History of Hydration Day:
National Hydration Day was created by SafeTGard Corporation, a company that sells sports related safeguarding equipment. The day was created to honor the accomplishment of Victor Hawkins, a Football coach, who invented a month guard that will supply electrolyte to prevent dehydration. He intended to stop his team players from getting dehydrated during the match and found this equipment basically for Athletes.This day is observed ,so that everyone ought to know the importance of Hydration and the consequences of Dehydration.