National Pizza With The Works (Except Anchovies) Day
National Pizza With The Works (Except Anchovies) Day:
Celebrated annually on November 12th, the National Pizza With The Works (Except Anchovies) Day is dedicated to encouraging Pizza lovers to load their Pizzas with everything they like and remember to follow the only rule “no anchovies” today! The Pizza With The Works are very popular in the United States and known for their loaded and supreme works!
|2020||12th November||Thursday||United States|
|2021||12th November||Friday||United States|
|2022||12th November||Saturday||United States|
Why National Pizza With The Works (Except Anchovies) Day?
Pizzas are one of the favorite foods in America! The simplicity of making Pizzas and the various topping options, they are irresistible!
However, on this annual Pizza With The Works Day, Pizza lovers tend to enjoy the best of all the toppings and stuffings too!
The Anchovies are small fish found in the Pacific Ocean, Indian Ocean, and the Atlantic Ocean with over 144 varieties. They are generally processed with salt brine and then packed with salt or oil giving it a strong flavor! They may also be pickled in vinegar for a milder taste! But many Pizza lovers agree that Anchovies are not a great choice for a pizza topping! Therefore enjoy this day with any filling except the Anchovies!
The origin of the modern-day Pizza can be traced back to Italy and was known as Neapolitan flatbread. And interestingly in 1905, the first Pizza company Lombardi was opened in NYC’s Little Italy and hit it off with the Americans!
Although the original Pizza was made using only Mozzarella Cheese, you can get creative with whichever cheese you like! Enjoy the National Pizza With The Works (Except Anchovies) Day with toppings of Pepperoni, Onions, Peppers, sausages, olives, tomatoes, corn, mushrooms, bacon and anything else you like! Except for the seaside toppings for today!
How Can We Celebrate National Pizza With The Works (Except Anchovies) Day?
- Order a Pizza with the “works”!
Utilize this day to order your favorite Pizza with the Works except for Anchovies. Dig in and enjoy all our favorite toppings! Share on social media and encourage people to enjoy their favorite Pizzas today!
- Make your favorite “works” Pizza at home!
If you love cooking, here is another opportunity to show your cooking skills! With Pizza with the works on the Menu, cooking is a lot more fun! Enjoy the day by making Pizza with all your favorite toppings and of your loved one’s favorites too! Share your Pizza with the works on social media using hashtags #NationalPizzaWithTheWorksExceptAnchoviesDay and #PizzaWithTheWorksExceptAnchoviesDay.
- Throw a “Pizza With The Works” Party!
If your friends and family are Pizza lovers, invite them over for a party with their favorite “works” Pizza! You may also have a Pizza eating contest or Pizza making contest and enjoy deriving a fun “works” Pizza for everyone!
- Share your favorite “Pizza With The Works” recipe on Social Media!
If you love a Pizza with the works recipe that will give another reason to enjoy this favorite food holiday! Share your recipe on social media using hashtags #NationalPizzaWithTheWorksExceptAnchoviesDay and #PizzaWithTheWorksExceptAnchoviesDay
- Explore the various Pizza with works in your community!
Looking for an adventurous route to celebrate this fun food holiday? Grab your favorite person and go hunting for the best “works” Pizza in your locality! Give the various “works” Pizza except for Anchovies a sure try!
Interesting Facts About National Pizza With The Works (Except Anchovies) Day:
Here are a few fun Pizza facts for you to enjoy the day!
- A recent Gallup poll reveals that Pizza was the most preferred food for children aged between 3 and 11 years!
- Only 11% of the population likes to have extremely thin Pizza crusts
- The popularity for regular pizza crust is very high and is preferred by 61 % of the Pizza eating population
- Pepperoni is the most popular seasoning till date!
- Japan offers Pizzas with Mayonnaise toppings!
- 350 pizza slices are consumed by Americans every second!
- Most Italians in the 1800s considered Pizza as a peasant dish!
- Lorenzo Amato and Louis Piancone built the world’s largest Pizza on October 11, 1987, in Havana, Florida. The Pizza covered an area of 10,000 square feet and weighed 44,457 pounds altogether! It was cut into 94,248 slices and was served for over 30,000 spectators of the baking!
- Gennaro Lombardi in 1905 opened Lombardi’s Pizzeria – the first licensed Pizzeria in America!
- Today in the United States we can find approximately 61,269 Pizzerias!
- Pizza Expo is the world’s largest Pizza-only trade show hosted at Las Vegas, Nevada!
History Of National Pizza With The Works (Except Anchovies) Day:
The founder of the National Pizza With The Works (Except Anchovies) Day is not known. There is no factual evidence declaring the year of initial observance nor choosing November 12th is found!