National Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day
National Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day:
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics celebrates the nutritionist day every year on the second Wednesday in March.
|2022||9th March||Wednesday||United States|
|2023||8th March||Wednesday||United States|
|2024||7th March||Wednesday||United States|
Why National Dietitian Nutritionist Day?
This day is celebrated in every school, college, and institution, which spread the message amongst the children about the importance of intake of nutritious food and suggests them to avoid junk and fast food. Nowadays, people are fonder of junk and fast food, which has decreased their body’s resistance power. Every year to celebrate this day, different themes are prepared to make people advance and organize different activities to understand the themes.
This day was first celebrated in 2008 to advance Americans’ nutrition status and people around the world. This helped in creating awareness among the school children and college teenagers about the importance and requirement of healthy and nutritious food in our day-to-day life. This was also to depict that registered dietitian nutritionists as the indispensable providers of food and nutrition services and a necessity at present.
This day also made sure to provide importance to the girls and pregnant women, which empowered them to take nutritious and healthy food so that the baby would not suffer from different diseases and can have good resistance. Cooking nutritious food and avoiding junk and fast foods is essential as that can hamper the body a lot.
Adulteration is the reduction in quality of any product so that the seller can benefit from the sale, but it leads to worse reactions inside our bodies, so this needs to be avoided in completion. Food adulteration is much dangerous as this process used chemicals to food for higher quantity but decreased the quality of food items. Avoiding adulteration not only leads to a hygienic society but also a hygienic nation. This day ultimately created awareness on this issue by certain street play, lectures which made people understand about the detection of adulteration of food and also about reading the labels on the product before using.
This day also helped in knowing awareness amongst the people about the importance of dieticians and their roles which play an important role in our healthy lives. Different exhibitions, posters, camps, and public meetings are arranged to understand people about the dietician’s roles and responsibilities.
There are also themes created to focus on specific topics associated with Diet and Nutrition such as, 2020’s theme “Eat Right, Bite by Bite,” which focused on the importance of having food with full consciousness and not rushing it, and 2021’s theme, which is “Personalize Your Plate” this promotes creating nutritious meals to meet individuals’ cultural and personal food preferences so that your body is well-served.
This day is celebrated worldwide to celebrate the contributions made by medical professionals who put patient care first and continue their education throughout their careers.
How can we observe National Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day?
- Acknowledge the Dietitians of your locality and provide thanks greeting to encourage them and feel proud of them.
- Ask permission from your company to make a donation to the local food bank to honor the staff of Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and national dietitian nutritionist.
- Aware of relatives, friends, and others about the important day.
- Provide some tribute gift contribution to the nutrition academy, which will make them happy and will encourage them to maintain their responsibilities.
- Display photos and bios of the RDNs and NDTRs on the company bulletin board, which includes their name, position, length of service, special credentials, alma mater, etc.
- Develop a yearbook for the good memories of staff RDN and NDTR photos, including professional interest and advanced practice. Including a note about “Why I became an RDN or NDTR?” will also be a good thing.
- Use #NationalRegisteredDietitianNutritionistDay and #RegisteredDietitianNutritionistDay to Share Your Thoughts!
- Show some love towards the nutritionist by posting some photos and videos related to #NationalRegistered Dietitian Nutritionist day.
Interesting facts on National Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day:
Here we will know about some roles of Registered dietitians.
- A clinical dietitian’s role is to take care of the patients and look after their nutrition requirements in hospitals and other nursing care institutions.
- Community dietitian creates programs related to prevention of diseases and communicable issues of disease. They target a particular community or a group of people.
- A corporate dietitian’s role is to manufacture healthy products and perform a healthy way of marketing food items. Food distribution report which includes nutritional recipes, dietary supplements are regulated by them.
- The role played by the management dietitian is to plan healthy meals and preparation of health care facilities for the prisoners, school children, train passengers, and supply sanitary, safe food to them.
- The consultant dietitian makes a contract with the health care centers and also practices their work privately. They suggest that their clients avoid health-related issues like weight loss by doing regular workouts and maintaining a proper diet. They take care of proper sanitation and advise their clients to follow certain food safety rules.
History of National Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day:
This day was started in the year 2008 by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics to celebrate the nutritionist day every year on the second Wednesday in March. Due to the changing times, it is common to make easy choices for food, which can be bad for your body. These professionals create better options and take their time and effort to remind us that a little effort with healthy choices can mean a longer life and be good for everyone!