National Chia Day:
National chia day is certified to be the most fascinating day of the year. This day has taken its place on March 23rd in the national calendar. This day accredits the tiny yet powerful chia seeds that have earned their renown by being one of the foremost nutritional rich foods globally.
|2022||23rd March||Wednesday||United States|
|2023||23rd March||Thursday||United States|
|2024||23rd March||Friday||United States|
Why National Chia Day?
Chia seeds are the little edible seeds of salvia Hispanic, an angiosperm of the Labiate, native to Central America or the salvia columbaria of the southwestern United States and Mexico.
In the same kindred as basil and mint, chia seeds have taken a different room in life. Their leaves aren’t useful as their seeds arereferred to as the cream of the crop. People sprinkle these all over yogurt, casseroles, desserts, or anything else they can justify.
As any chia fanatic can tell you, the Aztecs and Mayans are highly esteemed with chia seeds. The Mayans word is referred to as ‘strength,’ and the Azteca may have sacred uses for chia seeds.
Chia seeds were invented by mamma chia in February 2016 and were introduced to allocate as a national observation day. This has been certified in the list of the national day calendar.
Chia seeds are teeming with omega-3 s fiber, antioxidants, and complete protection. It is indifferent in flavor and can be added essentially to any recipe.
Chia seeds became a devoted principal for people around the world and maybe delighted in many foods and beverages.
Benefits of chia seeds
- Weight loss-Chia seeds are also propitious in weight loss. It imbibes large amounts of water and flourishes in your stomach, which increases the fullness and slows down the absorption of food. Several studies have explained the soluble fiber glucomannan, which works in a comparable way showing the results of weight loss. Also, the protein in chia seeds helps in reducing appetite and food intake.
- Treating diverticulosis- high fiber diets have been shown to decrease the prevalence in flare-ups of diverticulosis by absorbing water in the colon and making bowel movements easier to pass.
- Eating a healthful, fiber-filled diet with lots of fruits and vegetables can diminish the pressure and inflammation.
- Digestion and detox- a diet with adequate fiber prevents constipation and promotes regularity for a healthy digestive tract. Well-ordered bowel movements are critical for the daily excretion of poisons through the bile and stool.
- Diabetes- a study in 2017 intimates that chia seeds may have the superiority to convert glucose into a slow-release carbohydrate. This could have a positivist conclusion on people with type 2 diabetes. High fiber diet is allied with a lower risk of developing diabetes, and eating high-fiber meals helps to keep blood sugar stagnant.
- Cardiovascular disease and cholesterol- recent studies stated that dietary fiber might regulate the immune system and inflammation. In this way, it’s going to decrease the danger of inflammation linked conditions like disorder, diabetes, cancer, and obesity.
How can we observe National Chia Day?
- Adding and decoration
By adding chia seeds to your diet on this day (and every day) to enjoy the vitality and strength these seeds will transport in your life. Also, you can use these seeds to give the finishing touch to your dishes.
- Use hashtag
Solemnize every meal by adding chia seeds, click a photo of your dish and post it on your social media by using the hashtag #NationalChiaDay.
Interesting facts on National Chia Day:
- Chia seeds are replete with proteins and anti-oxidants.
- It has 30% more anti-oxidant properties than blueberries.
- They hold more omega 3 fatty acids than salmon, though animal sources of omega-3 have tended to be higher in quality.
- Chia seeds are called ‘whole grain’ food.
- It carries10 times more calcium than milk.
- It is enriched with 25% more fiber than flaxseed.
- It is 2times more potassium than bananas.
- The majority of the carbs in chia seeds are fiber.
- The organic superfood company mamma chia created national chia day in 2016.
History of National Chia Day:
Chia seeds are small yet powerful; they are mystical, which revealed nutritional punch in any food.
The registrar of the national calendar has marked23rd march as the National Chia Day. Chia seeds are native to Central America have been touted as a superfood. They can be made into pudding, blended into smoothness or oatmeal, and even baked into bread. Not only are they versatile, but they are chock full of health benefits.